I used to travel 4 days, every week.
I got to where I could do a pretty killer workout with nothing but a hotel room floor, if needed. Although running shoes are nice. A decent gym was just a major bonus.
- running ain't bad, but I did intervals instead of long jogs
- stairwells make for great hill repeats - run up, walk down. try to be quiet for the people in adjoining rooms
- some hotels have free guest passes for local full-size gyms
- I hate and never used the tiny little gyms that most have
- learn basic core work, calisthenics, etc. For example look at crossfit.com and related sites.
- for a cyclist, lunges and hindu squats can do a lot of good
- during the week I focused on intervals / strength / speed. Weekends were for endurance.
here's one example:
Last edited by Creakyknees; 01-09-09 at 12:34 PM.