I'm getting ready to purchase a set of rollers for offseason fitness and have a few questions.
- Do you need to constantly concentrate or will you get good enough to watch TV while working out (Spinerval videos, etc.)?
- How easy is it to stand or quickly increase speed while pedaling on rollers (i.e. interval training)? Does it take awhile to get past the 'slowly start in a doorframe' stage?
- For people who own rollers, how long did it take you to get used to them? How long until you were able to comfortably watch a training video while pedaling?
- I'm considering rollers over a fluid trainer so I can work on form and core muscles (balance, etc.).
- Do the roller frames need to be on hard ground or can you set things up on a carpet (with pad underneath)? Is there a noticeable wobble when on thick carpets?
- I'm looking at Kreitler 4.5" with the fan. I am not very fit right now but am a big guy (i.e. good leg strength). Will the 4.5" + fan give me enough resistance as I get healthier?
Comments or suggestions?