I do 3 sets of the following circuit 1 or 2 times per week. I also lift weights 2-3x/week upper body using a push/pull split. Now that the weather is getting colder, and I'll be riding a little less, I plan to reintroduce lower body weights with deadlift/straight leg deadlift 1x week and squats or heavy lunges 1x week.
I'm curious whether my core routine is missing anything obvious. Also, I'm getting a little bored with it so definitely interested in any suggestions for substitutions, etc. I have access to dumbbells, a cable machine, barbell, medicine and swiss balls. Thanks!
- Push ups x 15 (sometimes I'll do 60-90 seconds planks, but the push ups help keep a problematic rotator cuff from acting up)
- Weighted (15# DB) partial crunch on swiss ball x 15
- Medicine ball rotation x 15 with 10# med ball
- Weighted (5# DB) reverse crunch on swiss ball x 15
- Seated cable crunch x 10
- Standing cable rotation x 10