Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-05, 02:31 PM   #1
FXjohn
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
FXjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NE Indiana
Bikes:
Posts: 12,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Burger King Breakfast Sandwich Packs the Calories

Burger King Sandwich Packs the Calories


MIAMI - Burger King began offering two new breakfast sandwiches Monday, including one that packs more calories and fat than a Whopper.


The Enormous Omelet Sandwich carries 730 calories and 47 grams of fat and comes with two eggs, sausage, three strips of bacon and two slices of melted American cheese on a bun. It's heftier than a Whopper hamburger, which weighs in at 700 calories and 42 grams of fat.


Officials at Miami-based Burger King Corp. said that healthier choices are also available, but surveys showed customers wanted bigger sandwiches.


"By expanding our indulgent breakfast sandwich menu, Burger King restaurants now offer even more alternatives for our guests who want a convenient and filling breakfast," said Russ Klein, Burger King's chief global marketing officer.


The other new breakfast item, the Western Omelet Croissanwich, is a lighter pick with 320 calories and 17 grams of fat. It has fire-grilled onions, ham and melted American cheese inside a folded egg on a croissant.


The omelet sandwich will stay on the menu at about $2.99, but the Western sandwich is in stores until May 8.


___


On the Net:
FXjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 03:45 PM   #2
Metro
Senior Member
 
Metro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maplewood, NJ
Bikes: EPX 303 (You probably never heard of it)
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eat one before every ride
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 03:51 PM   #3
lala
contrarian
 
lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CO Springs
Bikes: 80's ross road bike/commuter, 80's team miyata, 90's haro mtb xtracycle conversion, koga mitaya world traveler
Posts: 2,848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gross. why isn't on a croissant or bisquit.
__________________
Higher ground for the apocalypse!
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 05:31 PM   #4
cheebahmunkey
The Question Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Bikes:
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXjohn
Burger King Sandwich Packs the Calories


MIAMI - Burger King began offering two new breakfast sandwiches Monday, including one that packs more calories and fat than a Whopper.


The Enormous Omelet Sandwich carries 730 calories and 47 grams of fat and comes with two eggs, sausage, three strips of bacon and two slices of melted American cheese on a bun. It's heftier than a Whopper hamburger, which weighs in at 700 calories and 42 grams of fat.


Officials at Miami-based Burger King Corp. said that healthier choices are also available, but surveys showed customers wanted bigger sandwiches.


"By expanding our indulgent breakfast sandwich menu, Burger King restaurants now offer even more alternatives for our guests who want a convenient and filling breakfast," said Russ Klein, Burger King's chief global marketing officer.


The other new breakfast item, the Western Omelet Croissanwich, is a lighter pick with 320 calories and 17 grams of fat. It has fire-grilled onions, ham and melted American cheese inside a folded egg on a croissant.


The omelet sandwich will stay on the menu at about $2.99, but the Western sandwich is in stores until May 8.


___


On the Net:
anyone else see this being the healthy option as disturbing?
cheebahmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 05:41 PM   #5
LapDog
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The nutrition guides on the websites are very helpful. I thought I was eating somewhat healthy with the Arby's "marketfresh" ham & swiss sandwich. Then I found out it's over 40 grams of fat!......
LapDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 06:27 PM   #6
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?
 
hi565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ma
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3
Posts: 6,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn, Now i want to go get one!


MMMMMM breakfast sandwiches, Finagle a bagel: parmeson and roasted garlic bagel, with sausage egg in cheese.....MMMMMMMM
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by hi565; 03-29-05 at 02:29 PM.
hi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 07:15 PM   #7
gcasillo
Maglia Ciclamino
 
gcasillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fairfield, OH
Bikes: 2011 Bianchi Infinito, 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have one of those for breakfast, are you breaking a fast or annhilating it?

Be afraid, very afraid. As stated in the article, surveys showed customers wanted bigger sandwiches. Maybe people shouldn't get what they want, no? I've had Arby's croissanwiches. They're not bantam. I don't see how someone could be famished after one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro
Eat one before every ride
You pedal. I'll hang on to the top tube. Let me know when we get to the ER.
gcasillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 07:21 PM   #8
Moonshot
Now with racer-boy font!
 
Moonshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: East Alabama
Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm with ya, hi565!

When I read a thread like this and the Hardee's Thickburger thread I begin craving one of these!

I such a pig! I'm so ashamed!

But I do know better and I've not tried a thickburger. Not yet, anyway.
__________________

www.eastalabamacycling.org
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 08:04 PM   #9
operator
cab horn
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione
Posts: 28,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eat two of those and there's your dialy intake.... good game.
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 08:48 PM   #10
Moistfly
You're just a fat kid
 
Moistfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Holladay, Utah
Bikes: Felt 45 w/ speedplay x3 pedals
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The really frightening thing is I know people that will go pick up two of these, bring them into the office and consider it a good breakfast. People are so ignorant when it comes to nutrition sometimes :\
Moistfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 05:58 PM   #11
SipperPhoto
The Cycling Photographer
 
SipperPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Orange, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
People should really go see "Supersize Me" No wonder there are so many fatasses out there... people really need to educate themselves, and not eat this crap!

jeff
SipperPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 06:17 PM   #12
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator
 
KrisPistofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: POS Tennessee
Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
Posts: 7,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moistfly
The really frightening thing is I know people that will go pick up two of these, bring them into the office and consider it a good breakfast. People are so ignorant when it comes to nutrition sometimes :\
Before or after the first cigarette of the day?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeforums
Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.
KrisPistofferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 06:26 PM   #13
ChezJfrey
Rider in the Storm
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Bikes: LeMond Zurich, KHS Fiero (Fixed), Centurion Ironman Expert
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is this sandwich such a phenom? All I seem to hear lately is the BK grumble. Give it a rest...there's a pub down the street that's got a burger that would crush the calorie/fat stats of this puny BK offering.

Besides, I hear that a Starbucks frappuccino has more calories than this new breakfast sandwich. Why have I not heard the roar of discontent about that? Well, I probably will now that I mentioned it, eh?
ChezJfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 06:56 PM   #14
gcasillo
Maglia Ciclamino
 
gcasillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fairfield, OH
Bikes: 2011 Bianchi Infinito, 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like the Starbucks frappuccinos are a little light in the gut. Roar.
gcasillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 07:03 PM   #15
Moistfly
You're just a fat kid
 
Moistfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Holladay, Utah
Bikes: Felt 45 w/ speedplay x3 pedals
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After .. but before they get in their daily exercise by walking around the building once during lunch
Moistfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 07:22 PM   #16
nick burns
Senior Member
 
nick burns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Absecon, NJ
Bikes: Puch Luzern, Puch Mistral SLE, Bianchi Pista, Motobecane Grand Touring, Austro-Daimler Ultima, Legnano, Raleigh MountainTour, Cannondale SM600
Posts: 2,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moistfly
After .. but before they get in their daily exercise by walking around the building once during lunch
Followed quickly by another butt.
nick burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 09:04 PM   #17
TomM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Bikes: Trek5000
Posts: 951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BK now has a double Whopper. We truly are a nation of pigs.
TomM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 11:30 PM   #18
musclefixer
Junior Member
 
musclefixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montebello, Ca.
Bikes: Trek 2100 roadie
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To think I used to have two of these very often in the AM before work!
musclefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 05:52 AM   #19
Travelinguyrt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let them eat that crap. Get diabetes, heart probs, thins out the traffic on the streets, makes for fewer oldsters around to collect dwindling SS benefits, and be drains on HMO costs. Slobs will eat what they want cause they are to stupid and lazy to get up a few minutes earlier to eat breakfast at home, brown bag for lunch,then they ***** about about meds and HBpreasure, waist lines,etc, etc.Their option...eat garbage die young. My option? eat healthy
The ole saying , lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Lead a human to a buffet table and you can't tear them away
Travelinguyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 06:24 AM   #20
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM
 
slvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC
Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
Posts: 15,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinguyrt
Let them eat that crap. Get diabetes, heart probs, thins out the traffic on the streets, makes for fewer oldsters around to collect dwindling SS benefits, and be drains on HMO costs. Slobs will eat what they want cause they are to stupid and lazy to get up a few minutes earlier to eat breakfast at home, brown bag for lunch,then they ***** about about meds and HBpreasure, waist lines,etc, etc.Their option...eat garbage die young. My option? eat healthy
The ole saying , lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Lead a human to a buffet table and you can't tear them away
As long as they don't f**k up my insurance premiums, which I'm sure they do by claiming all sorts of werid medication for their obesity problems. Other than that, I actually like people to be as unhealthy as they could. I actually try to convince some people to go after the unhealthy option sometimes. The more fat slobs in this country, the better I look.
I prefer this ol' sayin, "Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire, keep him warm for life."
slvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 08:30 AM   #21
cheebahmunkey
The Question Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Bikes:
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinguyrt
Let them eat that crap. Get diabetes, heart probs, thins out the traffic on the streets, makes for fewer oldsters around to collect dwindling SS benefits, and be drains on HMO costs. Slobs will eat what they want cause they are to stupid and lazy to get up a few minutes earlier to eat breakfast at home, brown bag for lunch,then they ***** about about meds and HBpreasure, waist lines,etc, etc.Their option...eat garbage die young. My option? eat healthy
The ole saying , lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Lead a human to a buffet table and you can't tear them away
you need help
cheebahmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 08:31 AM   #22
cheebahmunkey
The Question Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Bikes:
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvoid
As long as they don't f**k up my insurance premiums, which I'm sure they do by claiming all sorts of werid medication for their obesity problems. Other than that, I actually like people to be as unhealthy as they could. I actually try to convince some people to go after the unhealthy option sometimes. The more fat slobs in this country, the better I look.
I prefer this ol' sayin, "Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire, keep him warm for life."
you're beyond help, seek out Dr. Kavorkian.
cheebahmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 12:53 PM   #23
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?
 
hi565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ma
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3
Posts: 6,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cheebah monkey,


HIGH FIVE!
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------
hi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 12:57 PM   #24
timmhaan
more ape than man
 
timmhaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nyc
Bikes:
Posts: 8,093
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we're going to have to start designing bigger toilets if this product really sells well...
timmhaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 01:22 PM   #25
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?
 
hi565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ma
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3
Posts: 6,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



eeeeeeeeewwwwww
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------
hi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 AM.