No I'm not looking for a sip of your daiquiri or margarita. I mean those meals in a blender so many of us resort to. I know you're out there you blender people... Share some ingredients..
Here's my favorite, it's often my supper time meal after eating larger breakfast and lunch..
- starts with half a blender of soy milk - my favorite is edensoy original extra(vitamins added)
- I throw in two handfuls of baby carrots(convienient because they are already to go just rinse em, no
peeling, I find that appealing)
- couple cubes of frozen chopped spinach (I unwrap a box, nuke it for 40 secs, cut into 6-8 cubes and
keep in a baggie in freezer)
- bunch of frozen blueberries(I usualy blend the previous ingredients before adding these so it doesnt set
up like concrete from the added cold, before the veggies get good and chopped up)
- 3-4 bananas ( we keep constant supply of new green ahead of time so we always have ripe ones coming,
if they get too ripe cube em in fridge..
- some wheat germ
- milled flax seed (better than oil, tons of fiber, gotta be milled or it just goes out the way it came in,
Barleans Fortiflax is my favorite.. )
Blend it up and mmmmmmmm, enough for my wife and I to get a big glass and a half each.. it's delicious.. and an easy way to get more fruits and veggie portions into your daily nutrition..
So come on, share your favorite smoothie ingredients....I'm always looking for new ideas..