Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    seen a cervelo P3SL/P3 carbon in a store?

    i'm in the market for either model of the P3, but for that much money i'd sure like to test-ride it and see if it's a good fit. has anyone seen either of these in a bike shop? i live in ohio and haven't found one for hundreds of miles. travel is not a problem. i'm looking for a 51cm. thanks

    steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    North Bend, WA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo Soloist / Cervelo P3
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If travel really isn't a problem, then here in the Seattle area Sammamish Valley Cycles (in Redmond) has a P3 Carbon in their window, and I'm pretty sure they had a P3SL there as well the last time I was in. Speedy Reedy also had a P3 Carbon; not sure about the SL. Their addresses and phones are on the list of Cervelo dealers.
    2007 QR Lucero
    2005 Cervelo Soloist

  3. #3
    fixed road tri
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    chitown
    My Bikes
    2004 guru trilte, 2003 jamis quest, 2004 specialized langster
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.missionbaymultisport.com (in chicago and elgin, IL)

    or

    www.bikesportmichigan.com

    not sure which is closer, but call, I'm sure both will have it

  4. #4
    Body by Guinness cjbruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro; Cervelo P2 SL; Tsunami (Converted to Fixed Gear)
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude. Check out www.nytro.com

    They are a store in San Diego, CA...They used to have a deal (and they may still) where they put you up in a hotel room, let you test ride, and waive the sales tax when the ship your bike out of state (could be enough to pay your airfare).

    They have a smoking deal on the P3SL right now.
    Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you...but don't ever take sides, with anyone, against the family again...ever.

  5. #5
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mission Bay is the closest LBS to me (bought my roadie Felt there)... That P3 Carbon is mighty sweet looking at their Elgin store... not sure what size, but they are good at getting products. Give them a call. They are great to work with.

    Ask the owners about their ride with Dave Zabriskie out at Interbike in Vegas. One of the owners had to ride a P3 carbon for the ride, as they did not have a Carbon Soloist in her size... she's got a great story to tell about it!

  6. #6
    Body by Guinness cjbruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro; Cervelo P2 SL; Tsunami (Converted to Fixed Gear)
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbruin
    Dude. Check out www.nytro.com

    They are a store in San Diego, CA...They used to have a deal (and they may still) where they put you up in a hotel room, let you test ride, and waive the sales tax when the ship your bike out of state (could be enough to pay your airfare).

    They have a smoking deal on the P3SL right now.
    I just noticed that their ad in this month's Triathlete magazine mentions the free hotel offer. If I lived in Ohio, I would do this...and then I would move.
    Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you...but don't ever take sides, with anyone, against the family again...ever.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know my LBS has them... http://www.threesports.com/

    Richmond, VA. They'll be willing to work with you, very nice people there.
    TEAM ATROCITY
    goAtrocity.com
    Many thanks to these fine companies that support youth MTB racing!

    Fox Racing Shox - Hayes - Maxxis- SunRingle' - ODI- GU


  8. #8
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbruin
    I just noticed that their ad in this month's Triathlete magazine mentions the free hotel offer. If I lived in Ohio, I would do this...and then I would move.
    lol okay. thanks, cj. i'll give 'em a call, and then i look into moving

  9. #9
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97
    Mission Bay is the closest LBS to me (bought my roadie Felt there)... That P3 Carbon is mighty sweet looking at their Elgin store... not sure what size, but they are good at getting products. Give them a call. They are great to work with.

    Ask the owners about their ride with Dave Zabriskie out at Interbike in Vegas. One of the owners had to ride a P3 carbon for the ride, as they did not have a Carbon Soloist in her size... she's got a great story to tell about it!
    thanks, cylowe. i called 'em this afternoon. they have the P3 carbon. i'm gonna plan on test-riding it next week

  10. #10
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for all the help, guys. was within 30 minutes of buying the p3sl over the phone from nytro, but a dealer in dallas came close enough that i stuck with them. i did buy a hed disc wheel to go with it from nytro, though. bike should be here tomorrow or thursday. thanks again for everyone's help

    smoke

  11. #11
    I get high on lactic acid ^*^BATMAN^*^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    2003 Cervelo P3/2003 Trek 2000/2005 Norco EXC 2.0ht
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeese, I wish I could afford to go buy a P3sl and a HED disk....then again....I do own a few bikes already......DAM, all this talk of P3c makes me want one again....


    Good buy smoke, everyone I know that has the SL love it, some of them comming off the base model of the P3 to the sl say there is small differeneces that make it nicer. I am sure you will love your Canadian bike.
    Road Bike- 2003 Trek 2000(out of service, rear triangle bent, looking for replacment)
    Triathlon/TT- 2003 Cervelo P3(also looking to upgrade to the P3C)
    MTB- 2006 Rocky Mountain Element Team
    Cats don't like riding on a bicycle......no matter how much duct tape you use.

  12. #12
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^*^BATMAN^*^
    Jeese, I wish I could afford to go buy a P3sl and a HED disk....then again....I do own a few bikes already......DAM, all this talk of P3c makes me want one again....


    Good buy smoke, everyone I know that has the SL love it, some of them comming off the base model of the P3 to the sl say there is small differeneces that make it nicer. I am sure you will love your Canadian bike.
    well, if ya want one, go get it, batman. we're not gettin' any younger. i got in a position where i could afford it, and i've got one more guy to catch in the duathlons i race here, and this could put me over the top. so it was a no-brainer. i got $500 off the bike price, and $110 off the hed disc from nytro, so i jumped at it. i know they are discontinuing the SL next year, but i don't care. the P3 carbon uses a different sized wheel than what i've already got, and i've already heard more than one story about that bike breaking. the carbon might be a few seconds faster, but that's not enough to justify another $2000. i'm thrilled to death with the deal i got. and a cervelo, to go along with my orbea orca, may be just enough to get me into the OCP. i hope

  13. #13
    I get high on lactic acid ^*^BATMAN^*^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    2003 Cervelo P3/2003 Trek 2000/2005 Norco EXC 2.0ht
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke
    and a cervelo, to go along with my orbea orca, may be just enough to get me into the OCP. i hope
    LOL, one can only hope. Well I am pretty straped for cash right now. I just got back form a triathlon in Bermuda a few weeks ago, next week I am going for a week of scuba diving in Curaco, and then in december I am going skiing in BC. Alot of vacations, so the bikes will have to wait until the spring when I get money again............
    Road Bike- 2003 Trek 2000(out of service, rear triangle bent, looking for replacment)
    Triathlon/TT- 2003 Cervelo P3(also looking to upgrade to the P3C)
    MTB- 2006 Rocky Mountain Element Team
    Cats don't like riding on a bicycle......no matter how much duct tape you use.

  14. #14
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^*^BATMAN^*^
    LOL, one can only hope. Well I am pretty straped for cash right now. I just got back form a triathlon in Bermuda a few weeks ago, next week I am going for a week of scuba diving in Curaco, and then in december I am going skiing in BC. Alot of vacations, so the bikes will have to wait until the spring when I get money again............
    yeah, i don't think you can complain too much about no new bikes with all your travel plans. the girlfriend and i are starting to look into a beach trip in february. you going to whistler? that's my favorite ski resort. hey, do you wear your mask and cape at triathlons, or do you take 'em off for the swim and expose your identity?

  15. #15
    I get high on lactic acid ^*^BATMAN^*^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    2003 Cervelo P3/2003 Trek 2000/2005 Norco EXC 2.0ht
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have literaly been thinking about getting a mask and cape and wearing it for the run portion. Would forsure get me some attention. I just need to get faster in the run first.

    About wistler, I honestly really dont like it. I grw up in the interior of BC, and there are FAR superior ski resorts that cost about an 8th as much. If I go there, it will be because my friend is working there, and can get me cheap tickets.

    Feburary trips are great, expensive due to the fact it is the high season, but freakin awesome to go from -20 and snow, to like 80 and white sand beaches with turquois water.....man, I love traveling. This year alone I will have been to Mexico, the US, Bermuda and Curacao(I am canadian). Depending on work, I want to go over to europe sometime next year, maby go watch the tour de flanders(I have family in belgium, so I got a free place to stay). Oh the possibilities. I love being young(21) and haveing almost no expenses.....but working full time for the Canadian Military
    Road Bike- 2003 Trek 2000(out of service, rear triangle bent, looking for replacment)
    Triathlon/TT- 2003 Cervelo P3(also looking to upgrade to the P3C)
    MTB- 2006 Rocky Mountain Element Team
    Cats don't like riding on a bicycle......no matter how much duct tape you use.

  16. #16
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^*^BATMAN^*^
    I have literaly been thinking about getting a mask and cape and wearing it for the run portion. Would forsure get me some attention. I just need to get faster in the run first.

    About wistler, I honestly really dont like it. I grw up in the interior of BC, and there are FAR superior ski resorts that cost about an 8th as much. If I go there, it will be because my friend is working there, and can get me cheap tickets.

    Feburary trips are great, expensive due to the fact it is the high season, but freakin awesome to go from -20 and snow, to like 80 and white sand beaches with turquois water.....man, I love traveling. This year alone I will have been to Mexico, the US, Bermuda and Curacao(I am canadian). Depending on work, I want to go over to europe sometime next year, maby go watch the tour de flanders(I have family in belgium, so I got a free place to stay). Oh the possibilities. I love being young(21) and haveing almost no expenses.....but working full time for the Canadian Military
    LOL i think a big batman cape flapping in the breeze on a time trial bike would look cool. you really oughta get that stuff for the run

    i'm american, so whistler is pretty cheap to me. the skiing is passable; i like the night life. for some reason, most american ski resorts shut down when the lifts stop

    i'm a pilot, so travel is my job. next month i'll be working vegas, frankfurt, and tel aviv. i'm also former military. unfortunately, i'm NOT young and i have MUCHO expenses

  17. #17
    I get high on lactic acid ^*^BATMAN^*^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    2003 Cervelo P3/2003 Trek 2000/2005 Norco EXC 2.0ht
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegas frankfurt, and tell aviv...thats fairly diverse. My uncle is a senior pilot with Air Canada. Does Toronto, Vancouver, and Hong Kong. Sometimes will go to paris, frankfurt, or wereever he can pick up some work. Ya, about wistler, I have just been spoiled by ridiculously nice ski resorts on the interior of BC that cost like 30 bucks for a day of skiing(I havnt been out there in a few years so it could changed.)

    I so think I am going to do the cape thing. I participate in a TT series that my parents co-run, and is based out of their house. It would be wicked fun, plus I can do it there, I am one of the fastest guys. That is the rule with funny stuff, you either have to be the best, or the worst.......
    Road Bike- 2003 Trek 2000(out of service, rear triangle bent, looking for replacment)
    Triathlon/TT- 2003 Cervelo P3(also looking to upgrade to the P3C)
    MTB- 2006 Rocky Mountain Element Team
    Cats don't like riding on a bicycle......no matter how much duct tape you use.

  18. #18
    Royal Grand Exalted Pooba smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eight Miles High
    My Bikes
    Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ^*^BATMAN^*^
    Vegas frankfurt, and tell aviv...thats fairly diverse. My uncle is a senior pilot with Air Canada. Does Toronto, Vancouver, and Hong Kong. Sometimes will go to paris, frankfurt, or wereever he can pick up some work. Ya, about wistler, I have just been spoiled by ridiculously nice ski resorts on the interior of BC that cost like 30 bucks for a day of skiing(I havnt been out there in a few years so it could changed.)

    I so think I am going to do the cape thing. I participate in a TT series that my parents co-run, and is based out of their house. It would be wicked fun, plus I can do it there, I am one of the fastest guys. That is the rule with funny stuff, you either have to be the best, or the worst.......
    true. you better be really good or really bad to expect to pull it off. either way, it oughta get a few chicks LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •