Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 722
  1. #151
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zekebobish
    So you even have the matching Discovery Channel bottles, huh? Nice bike - good luck in your first race. That bike is about a zillion times better than the bike I rode during my first race.

  2. #152
    Gingerbread Man zekebobish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, yeah the bike didnt even come with one cage or bottle n i saw them at the LBS so i said what the hey... thanks for the compliments cant wait for the race!
    Q: What do u call a constipated German?
    A: Farfrompoopin

    2007 Trek 1000 58cm Discovery Channel Paint Scheme

  3. #153
    Member guncollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SF-Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    throw some aerobars on the trek- you'll like it. That Cervelo is how you do!

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting set up- how you like it?

  6. #156
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guncollector
    I'm getting a HED 3 rear wheel in about a week. I was going to get the front wheel to match but I wasn't sure how it handled in crosswinds. I ride/race in places that regularly have 25-30mph crosswinds. Is the HED 3 front wheel difficult to control in conditions like this? (btw, I'm 165 lbs.)

  7. #157
    Senior Member DreamWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Damn it's cold, WI
    My Bikes
    A Few
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my Trek Discovery bike. i just sold the frame and am looking to pick up a new one. I posted a question last night but haven't heard anything yet. I built it up last season and raced it for about two months and then decided I didn't like the frame. I miss the hell out of it now. It's like breaking up with the love of your life. You never really get over it.



    Last edited by DreamWeb; 05-04-07 at 12:36 AM.
    "Wisdom begins in wonder."
    ~Socrates

  8. #158
    Senior Member StalkerZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeb
    Here is my Trek Discovery bike. i just sold the frame and am looking to pick up a new one. I posted a question last night but haven't heard anything yet. I built it up last season and raced it for about two months and then decided I didn't like the frame. I miss the hell out of it now. It's like breaking up with the love of your life. You never really get over it.



    What was wrong with the frame? It seems to be a "hot" frame.
    Something has been troubling me in my search for a good tri frameset/build. I seem to be steering away from Trek, Specialized, and Giant. I think its because they seem to be companies that "everyone" buys their bikes from including those looking for "family" bikes or the Lance wannabes. Sorta like sears or something.
    Is that unfair of me?

  9. #159
    Senior Member DreamWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Damn it's cold, WI
    My Bikes
    A Few
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey StalkerZERO,

    I don't think that is really unfair of you. I tend to stray away from trends as well. The companies you mention are all fine manufacturers, but you're right, there is just something about Tri frames that scream, originality. These popular bike companies seem to have a focus on the middle of the bike culture and cater to more of the casual side of the sport. There are so many different frame builders/distributors that specialize in just Tri frames or at least have a relitavely small stable of frames that center around performance and inovation, that it seems rash to me to just go with the convenient or popular bike choice. Although I admit I do really love Trek's TT frame and think they have a good concept team. I sold the frame because I wanted to build-up my mountain bike, but more so because the frame just barely fit me. I am 6'2" and I had the seatpost lowered all the way down to the carbon seat airfoil. I just couldn't get the custom fit that is so paramount in Tri specific frames. It seems like the less common frame designs are leaning twords an aero seat post concept rather than a frame integrated seat tube airfoil. An example of this is the Ceepo TT Venom or the Cervelo P2C, (exuse me while I wipe the drool off my shirt ). There is a great section in Triathlete Magazine's April issue showcasing some smokin' framesets.
    "Wisdom begins in wonder."
    ~Socrates

  10. #160
    Senior Member StalkerZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeb
    Hey StalkerZERO,

    I don't think that is really unfair of you. I tend to stray away from trends as well. The companies you mention are all fine manufacturers, but you're right, there is just something about Tri frames that scream, originality. These popular bike companies seem to have a focus on the middle of the bike culture and cater to more of the casual side of the sport. There are so many different frame builders/distributors that specialize in just Tri frames or at least have a relitavely small stable of frames that center around performance and inovation, that it seems rash to me to just go with the convenient or popular bike choice. Although I admit I do really love Trek's TT frame and think they have a good concept team. I sold the frame because I wanted to build-up my mountain bike, but more so because the frame just barely fit me. I am 6'2" and I had the seatpost lowered all the way down to the carbon seat airfoil. I just couldn't get the custom fit that is so paramount in Tri specific frames. It seems like the less common frame designs are leaning twords an aero seat post concept rather than a frame integrated seat tube airfoil. An example of this is the Ceepo TT Venom or the Cervelo P2C, (exuse me while I wipe the drool off my shirt ). There is a great section in Triathlete Magazine's April issue showcasing some smokin' framesets.
    April issue? *looks at stack of running and triathete mags on floor* Dang, I must have bought that issue...its gotta be somewhere!

    So what are you saying though? Those aero seat posts aren't any good because they are adjustable? And aren't there any integrated posts that are also aero as well? What frame would you recommend? Because I would probably be picky and would want a perfect fit/position.

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trek no longer uses the mast system show above. Both Giant and Trek have come out with very nice, very tri specific lines this year.

  12. #162
    Senior Member DreamWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Damn it's cold, WI
    My Bikes
    A Few
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you bet Triguy,

    The new framesets from trek and Giant are very nice and The new trek has gone with the aero seatpost! What I was trying to say StalkerZERO, was I couldn't adjust the height on my frame because of the integrated seat airfoil on the '05 TREK. I really do like the concept of an aero seatpost. I think it is one of the best advancements as of recent. I am not qualified to suggest a frame though. I too am searching for that perect frame. I am doing as much research as possible and am only begging to scratch the surface of the technology comprehension. I love it.
    "Wisdom begins in wonder."
    ~Socrates

  13. #163
    . jciv03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trin2du
    HAve to add mine, built up thanks to some old parts and a very generous family:

    Hey nice looking bike! What kind of aero bars do you have?

  14. #164
    Member whiterock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    My Bikes
    Cervelo Soloist Team
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tajsss
    whiterock,
    Is that a soloist setup for Tri's? Sweet.
    Thanks...yes its a soloist.....I'll be switching back to the drop bars in another month to do some road rallies and maybe a crit or two, then back to the tri cockpit for a couple of tri's in the fall.

  15. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Magnolia, DE
    My Bikes
    Aegis Road Bike, Gunnar Rockhound, Specialized Transition Elite, Van Dessel Holeshot, 1989 Trek converted to SS commuter
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jciv03
    Hey nice looking bike! What kind of aero bars do you have?
    Vision alloy base bar and extensions. Vision Brake levers. Very happy with all of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Az B
    I have nothing against triathletes. Some of them are much nicer than the racer boy wannabes.
    Riding for Inner Pace

  16. #166
    Member guncollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SF-Bay Area
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket Man
    I'm getting a HED 3 rear wheel in about a week. I was going to get the front wheel to match but I wasn't sure how it handled in crosswinds. I ride/race in places that regularly have 25-30mph crosswinds. Is the HED 3 front wheel difficult to control in conditions like this? (btw, I'm 165 lbs.)
    Sprocket,

    Yes, the HED 3 in front definitely gets a bit squirrely in anything over 25mph winds when you get up to speed. I can't imagine riding them in the aero-position in 30 mph+ winds at speed...way too hairball for me, I'd have to be riding on the hoods at that point.

    Now, the HED 3 in back may not be as susceptible to crosswinds--but I can't verify that.

  17. #167
    Banned. Turboem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    My Bikes
    Lemond Reno
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trin2du
    HAve to add mine, built up thanks to some old parts and a very generous family:


    What kind of wheels are those???

  18. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Magnolia, DE
    My Bikes
    Aegis Road Bike, Gunnar Rockhound, Specialized Transition Elite, Van Dessel Holeshot, 1989 Trek converted to SS commuter
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboem1
    What kind of wheels are those???
    Zipp 303 clinchers, with the stickers pulled off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Az B
    I have nothing against triathletes. Some of them are much nicer than the racer boy wannabes.
    Riding for Inner Pace

  19. #169
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guncollector
    Sprocket,

    Yes, the HED 3 in front definitely gets a bit squirrely in anything over 25mph winds when you get up to speed. I can't imagine riding them in the aero-position in 30 mph+ winds at speed...way too hairball for me, I'd have to be riding on the hoods at that point.

    Now, the HED 3 in back may not be as susceptible to crosswinds--but I can't verify that.
    Thanks! I guess I'm going to stick with the HED3 for the rear wheel only for now. I just got it in yesterday so I'm pretty excited about it. Here it is. I also got my new crank/chainring combo too - it's an Ultegra crank and FSA TT chainrings. I'm going to have the bike shop install them and will post another picture when that's complete.


  20. #170
    Senior Member StalkerZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket Man
    Thanks! I guess I'm going to stick with the HED3 for the rear wheel only for now. I just got it in yesterday so I'm pretty excited about it. Here it is. I also got my new crank/chainring combo too - it's an Ultegra crank and FSA TT chainrings. I'm going to have the bike shop install them and will post another picture when that's complete.

    Why did you mix an ultegra crankset with fsa tt chanrings? Doesn't fsa have a good enough set of cranks among their models?

  21. #171
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkerZERO
    Why did you mix an ultegra crankset with fsa tt chanrings? Doesn't fsa have a good enough set of cranks among their models?
    They do, but the Ultegra cranks are on sale for $199 at Colorado Cyclist and they have a reputation of being stiff and very strong. Also, I couldn't go with the standard 53-39 rings that come with the crank because I ride 650 wheels and the gearing would be too low.

    Also, I find the shiny Ultegra cranks paired with the FSA TT rings to be very sexy.

  22. #172
    Future= Your Boss evanatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada!
    My Bikes
    Opus Vivace, Kona Fire Mountain
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how I don't post a single thing over the winter, yet I come back, and my thread is killin! Alllright!

  23. #173
    Senior Member DreamWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Damn it's cold, WI
    My Bikes
    A Few
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velo junkies? Yah.
    "Wisdom begins in wonder."
    ~Socrates

  24. #174
    Future= Your Boss evanatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada!
    My Bikes
    Opus Vivace, Kona Fire Mountain
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump!

  25. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Here she is, my first tri bike.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •