Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Triathlon (http://www.bikeforums.net/triathlon/)
-   -   Post Your Tri Bike! (http://www.bikeforums.net/triathlon/207720-post-your-tri-bike.html)

evanatorx 07-01-06 09:15 PM

Post Your Tri Bike!
 
Share your bike with us.

Tell us what your favourite part is?

Here is mine:

2003 Opus Vivace

Mavic cosmic eltes
After-Market Ora stem
Trans-Am seat w00t! :rolleyes:
Aero Bars? Hell-No! I hold my wires= light and comfy.
Full Ultegra
Columbus Zonal Tubbing
Gator Skin Conti Tires!


My favourite part? Going fast, bladed spokes, and the sound it makes when I am reaching 70km/h....mmm


http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1285/nice5ou.jpg

jennings780 07-03-06 01:55 PM

2004 Cannondale Ironman 2000
 
D/A rear derailleur & shiftersUltegra front derailleur
Shimano 105 Cranks (the new external bearing ones)
Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels
Specialized S-Works Tires
Selle San Marco Apside Tri saddle
Profile Design Carbon Stryke Aerobars
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...0/41b6eb8c.jpg

Triguy 07-03-06 05:26 PM

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rcrqzs

The bike is a little different than above...

Ritchey WCS stem
SLK saddle
KCNC scandium post
Zipp 303s (no disc had to sell for wedding fund)
Campagnalo crank

At the end of the season I'll probably get some Hed aerobars and Vision brake levers. After that it is crankset, I'm inbetween Stronglight Vulcans and KCNC's crank.

Triguy 07-03-06 05:29 PM

Oh and my favorite part is the SLK saddle, because 80 mile rides don't hurt my ever so sensitive areas and it is under 200 grams.

evanatorx 07-04-06 10:14 AM

Love that paintjob :D

Insr5runner 07-04-06 11:53 AM

well I don't do tri's (yet) but here is my TT bike

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4...10138dl.md.jpg

lilscotboy 07-04-06 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's mine, i've been meaning to post for months now. Guru Trilite frame, ultegra drive train (other than the crappy FSA cranks), AC420s, vision cockpit and selle san marco aspide. So far so good, much faster than my roadie with clip onsAttachment 19272

Triguy 07-04-06 07:17 PM

Insr5runnr probably has the most attention to detail, with the Xentis wheels nicely matching the frame, plus the TT chainring. I'll have to get a new picture up to compete with the last two machines though, that Guru is good looking but could use some Hed Alps with the silver decals.

lilscotboy 07-04-06 07:28 PM

hmmm...perfectly put, i was looking at the hed alps, but realistically they'll have to wait a little, gettign married next year and buying a house.....my girlfriend just wouldn't understand ;)

sambo76 07-04-06 07:32 PM

My tri/tt P3C , durace, zipp 999's and oval A900 bars

Cant ride it at present due to tearing a calf muscle but when I do she is a joy to ride.

http://i3.tinypic.com/1607i9x.jpg

NEMESIS 07-04-06 08:12 PM

http://static.flickr.com/45/165707368_e3c231fb82_b.jpg

merlinextraligh 07-05-06 07:09 AM

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rt/griffen.jpg

I race it with a Hed trispoke and HED disc. I need to take a pic with the aero wheels on.

RoadToad 07-05-06 02:21 PM

Here's mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oset/11/e7.jpg
Full 105 (DA shifters)
Bontrager Crank and Select Aero wheelset

merlinextraligh 07-05-06 02:29 PM

Road Toad, have you thought about flipping the stem, and or moving some spacers above the stem. Getting those pads at least even with, or below the seat will make you a lot more aero.

Insr5runner 07-05-06 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triguy
Insr5runnr probably has the most attention to detail, with the Xentis wheels nicely matching the frame, plus the TT chainring. I'll have to get a new picture up to compete with the last two machines though, that Guru is good looking but could use some Hed Alps with the silver decals.

Thanks! I love the Xentis wheels, much like a 404, but a crosswind doesn't hurt as bad. The color match was just by luck!

Sambo, that P3 is sick! That is the same setup that my bro-in-law rides minus the oval bars, and durace cranks (he rides vision bars, and FSA carbon cranks). I'm jealous everytime I see it!

rplong 07-05-06 08:02 PM

Insr5runner, is that a P2 SL? I am talking to a bike shop in Alabama, from which I might purchase one from. What year is it? What problems have you had with it? Thanks.

Insr5runner 07-06-06 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rplong
Insr5runner, is that a P2 SL? I am talking to a bike shop in Alabama, from which I might purchase one from. What year is it? What problems have you had with it? Thanks.


Yup sure is. It's an '05. The only big difference (from 05- 06) is the aero bars are glossy black vs the 06' matte black that matches the frame. The only problem I had was a minor issue with the cranks. It wasn't a Cervelo issue though as they told me to talk to FSA about it. Only thing I wish it came with is the TT chainrings. Oh well can't have everything!

edit: oh and the stock Vittoria tires wear fairly quick if you are riding a lot. I like my conti's for training much better than Vittorias anyways.

RoadToad 07-06-06 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Road Toad, have you thought about flipping the stem, and or moving some spacers above the stem. Getting those pads at least even with, or below the seat will make you a lot more aero.

Merlin,

I took that picture before my fitting. The seat has been raised and the spacers taken off of the aerobars. I have ridden a while since that fitting and my flexibility has gotten better, so I might flip the stem soon. Thanks for the suggestions...

RT

Talewinds 07-06-06 11:32 AM

Here's mine...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...rel2006002.jpg

caloso 07-06-06 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a terrible photo. I took it with my phone (need to get a new digicam soon). Anyway, this is my fixie set up as a tri bike:

evanatorx 07-06-06 06:28 PM

I Want The Cervelo's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

rplong 07-06-06 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insr5runner
The only problem I had was a minor issue with the cranks. It wasn't a Cervelo issue though as they told me to talk to FSA about it. Only thing I wish it came with is the TT chainrings. Oh well can't have everything!

What minor issue with the cranks? What is a TT chainring? Ordered mine today, should be here next week.

chephy 07-06-06 09:04 PM

Is a question from a curious newbie permitted? Why do the tri bikes have such FAT tubes?

derath 07-06-06 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chephy
Is a question from a curious newbie permitted? Why do the tri bikes have such FAT tubes?


If you were to look at the bikes head on the tubes would look flat. They are elongated (think oval) for better aerodynamics.

-D

chephy 07-07-06 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derath
If you were to look at the bikes head on the tubes would look flat. They are elongated (think oval) for better aerodynamics.

I see. But how come this is only specific to Tri bikes? Or is it? Do other bikes made for racing have the same feature?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.