Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Gingerbread Man zekebobish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    first tri completed!

    after 3 months of trainin for my first tri its all over... the tri was this mornin, n due to horrible water conditions bc of tropical storm barry they turned it into a run-bike-run... it was such a great experience! i was in the 20-29yr old age group bein the youngest 1 at 20 yrs old, there were 24 in my age group... we were about the 7th wave out and i finshed first in the first run, my t1 time was not very good at all but ended up comin in the 3rd in the bike, t2 was nothin to brag about n i lost quite a bit of time in the final run... i ended up placin 7th in my age group with a time of 1:20:53, for bein my first tri n not swimmin id say i did pretty well... i loved every minute of it, im deff hooked n lookin forward to my next 1! jus wanted to say thanks to every1 on this forum for helpin me out thru my trainin! im officially a triathlete

    zac
    Q: What do u call a constipated German?
    A: Farfrompoopin

    2007 Trek 1000 58cm Discovery Channel Paint Scheme

  2. #2
    Senior Member StalkerZERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zekebobish
    after 3 months of trainin for my first tri its all over... the tri was this mornin, n due to horrible water conditions bc of tropical storm barry they turned it into a run-bike-run... it was such a great experience! i was in the 20-29yr old age group bein the youngest 1 at 20 yrs old, there were 24 in my age group... we were about the 7th wave out and i finshed first in the first run, my t1 time was not very good at all but ended up comin in the 3rd in the bike, t2 was nothin to brag about n i lost quite a bit of time in the final run... i ended up placin 7th in my age group with a time of 1:20:53, for bein my first tri n not swimmin id say i did pretty well... i loved every minute of it, im deff hooked n lookin forward to my next 1! jus wanted to say thanks to every1 on this forum for helpin me out thru my trainin! im officially a triathlete

    zac
    Could you tell me what your training consisted of for the 3 months prior to the race? I'm about to order the cyclo-core training materials and I such a noob I just want to learn all I can.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rplong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro, Trek 2300, Specialized Rockhopper, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job and keet at it, maybe at the next one they will let you get your feet wet, what were the distances for the r/b/r?

  4. #4
    i believe in me evanyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats! just two more weeks til my first.

  5. #5
    Gingerbread Man zekebobish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys... yeah im hopin the next one i do will deff have thew swim portion bc durin my trainin i worked it all around swimmin since i was never a swimmer, took swim lessons, really worked on my stroke with a triathlete swim trainer at the Y but didnt get to use it...

    the distances were: 1 mile run/12 mile bike/5 mile run

    i came in first in my age group after the first run, lost time in t1... came in 3rd in my bike, lost time in t2... and overall came in 7th... so hopefully my transition this race was jus a learning experience for the next time!

    as far as the training went... i woke up every day and rode for an hour and a half = 25-30 miles a day(im an avid cyclist), then split up the rest of the week with a run or swim in the evening... if it was a run it was an hour long, if it was a swim i did half a mile bc the swim was supposed to be a quarter mile...
    Q: What do u call a constipated German?
    A: Farfrompoopin

    2007 Trek 1000 58cm Discovery Channel Paint Scheme

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    My Bikes
    Road
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkerZERO
    Could you tell me what your training consisted of for the 3 months prior to the race? I'm about to order the cyclo-core training materials and I such a noob I just want to learn all I can.
    highly recommend it: "The Triathlete's Training Bible" by Joe Friel.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rplong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro, Trek 2300, Specialized Rockhopper, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riding4freedom
    highly recommend it: "The Triathlete's Training Bible" by Joe Friel.
    YES.

  8. #8
    Body by Guinness cjbruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro; Cervelo P2 SL; Tsunami (Converted to Fixed Gear)
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First. Congrats on your first multi-sports event and it was good to see that you did well.

    That said, what's up with not using the letter "g" at the end of "ing" words? Honestly it's pretty distracting.
    Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you...but don't ever take sides, with anyone, against the family again...ever.

  9. #9
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbruin
    First. Congrats on your first multi-sports event and it was good to see that you did well.

    That said, what's up with not using the letter "g" at the end of "ing" words? Honestly it's pretty distracting.
    Did you read his sig?

  10. #10
    Body by Guinness cjbruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Pro; Cervelo P2 SL; Tsunami (Converted to Fixed Gear)
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voltman
    Did you read his sig?
    Yes. That was pretty funny...20 years ago.
    Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you...but don't ever take sides, with anyone, against the family again...ever.

  11. #11
    Gingerbread Man zekebobish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me for my AIM lingo... I will try to articulate my spelling a little better for you.

    Here is a couple of pictures for you guys from my race:





    Sincerely yours,
    Zac

    (maybe i need a quote from scarface or the godfather to get a bid of approval for my sig... i wasnt tryin to make u laugh)
    Q: What do u call a constipated German?
    A: Farfrompoopin

    2007 Trek 1000 58cm Discovery Channel Paint Scheme

  12. #12
    i believe in me evanyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those look like pretty sweet "horrible weather conditions"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •