Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,020
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Carrying a Ghost Bike

    Fedex has informed me that my Bikes at Work trailer should arrive on Tuesday. One of my planned uses for it is to carry a Ghost Bike in the upcoming Ride of Silence on May 21. Any ideas on how to mount and display the Ghost Bike on the trailer?
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ken cummings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northern California
    My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
    Posts
    5,606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are nice looking trailers. I'd run four bunjee cords from the holes on the sides up to the saddle rails and the handlebars. Then a bunjee passed through each wheel with a turn of the cord around a spoke then hooked on each side of the trailer. I use a similar method to carry my bike in the back of my truck.
    This space open

  3. #3
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,020
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ken cummings View Post
    Those are nice looking trailers. I'd run four bunjee cords from the holes on the sides up to the saddle rails and the handlebars. Then a bunjee passed through each wheel with a turn of the cord around a spoke then hooked on each side of the trailer. I use a similar method to carry my bike in the back of my truck.
    Well, the trailer has come in and now all I need to do is assemble it, which should happen this weekend. I'll try your method out. Thanks.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  4. #4
    Pants are for suckaz HandsomeRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mt. Airy, MD
    My Bikes
    Hardtail MTB, Fixed gear, and Commuter bike
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were building a rollling memorial I'd decorate the trailer with some white [silk] flowers too.

  5. #5
    Recreation Ecologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Criss Cross (hybrid beater), Nashbar AT-2 disc MTB
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a newb to cycling, so a ghost bike is a memorial bike as a monument? Not ridden? the Yehuda Moon webcomic alludes to one as well.

  6. #6
    Que CERA, CERA jefferee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HopliteGrad View Post
    I'm a newb to cycling, so a ghost bike is a memorial bike as a monument? Not ridden? the Yehuda Moon webcomic alludes to one as well.
    From ghostbike.org...

    A Ghostbike is a junker bike that has been painted stark white and afixed to the site where a cyclist has been hit or killed by a car driver. Ghostbikes are intended to be memorials for the fallen and reminders to everyone to SHARE THE ROAD with one another. Ride safe and give cyclists a break. Reckless riding and driving kills.

    I've never seen one where I live...

    And hope that one will never be necessary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •