Nice work on your bike! I'm looking at embarking on this project as well. I've got a frame sourced for the back end, and I've picked up some tubing for the frame. I have a few questions about your build if you don't mind.
What were your final measurements in degrees for the bend at the end of the main beam up to the forward headtube, and what was the length of that section?
Did the "fins" you added forward and aft of the steer tube improve the stiffness of the frame? What diameter and thickness of tubing did you use for the main beam?
If you've got an updated schematic with your dimensions and geometry choices I'd love to see it!
Thanks a lot for all the info you've posted already, I've been scouring the internet for info on builds and trying to piece stuff together.
Sorry I didn't see your response, jerdavismn, it's a long time since it was posted here.
The photo album has been up dated several times, and more pictures are coming since the frame is out for powder painting right now!
I've posted all my sketches including the final (nš 5). I think the pictures go a long way in answering to to your questions, but I'll come back with some numbers too.
The "Bici-Caixa" has been in service - unpainted... - for almost 2 years and aprox. 1500 - 2000 km.
artur, that is outstanding!
Update, I have started a new photo album at flickr dot com.
Most of my bikes are really Utility Bikes, with the cargo container streamlined to give the "look" of a Velomobile.