Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Mexico (Central Kalifornia)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use removable front basket, Wald 3133GB
& have brackets for 3 bikes, switching as needed. Your 25 lb capacity is too much weight! That's 3 gallons of milk on the front bars. Balance & stability would be ruined.
1) Front QR basket can be taken into the store & used as a shopping bag.
2) A single front QR basket can be fitted to multiple bikes.
3) As previously stated, rear baskets can be cumbersome and noisy. I removed them from my cruiser & went with a Topeak Explorer rack and Trunk bag. The bike accelerated noticeably better.
4) A front basket seems to have less effect on speed than a rear, but they mess with handling if overloaded.
5) You put the bike on the kick stand & let go of the bars with a loaded basket the bike is going down.
Wald has a new front rack/QR basket combo
Other than that, rear baskets can take more weight & when loaded don't really mess with handling.
If you're super heavy like me, any weight you can take off the back wheel is a blessing. My heavy cruiser, with me on it is 325lbs+!
Last edited by 1FJEF; 11-20-13 at 05:10 AM.