Permanent Refugee .......
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC.
Originally Posted by critninja
one of my favorite road rides in banff is this...
- park at the base of norquay, just off the highway
- ride east on the #1 and get off at the lake minniwanka exit and do a loop around the lake
- then head towards banff and then turn left up tunnel mountain road
- take tunnel mountain road all the way back into DT banff then...
- finish with the climb up to the top of norquay
great ride with great views and plenty of elevation.
This is pretty much what I normally do. When we are there I am usually staying up at Tunnel Mountain.
I always try to put Norquay into every ride.
I always end up doing Minnewanka or out to the parking lot at Sunshine and then back, up Norquay and then back up to Tunnel Mountain.
There is also the road up to the Rimrock/Hot Springs, etc
I think I've done most of the roads in the valley, just wondering if I had missed any good ones.
I was looking at the map and came across this road that heads off the main road to Minnewanka ( see picture), the one that heads to the top of the screen.
Anyone know what that is? Is it a road? A forest Service Road? paved? Gravel?