Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.bikeforums.net/western-canada/)
-   -   horrible JV bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/western-canada/726133-horrible-jv-bikes.html)

miro13car 04-08-11 07:32 AM

horrible JV bikes
 
I just want to write about terrible experience with JVbikes of Vancouver.
After issuing emailing invoice to me Janko store manager increased amount to pay after I arrived to shop.
He forgot that to add something accesories to my invoice and emailed me invoice.
How can you have invoice issued by shop and later increased when you actually come to pick up items and pay?
Should customer listen to all long explaination of his how his supplier added ...blah, blah.
Should I as customer to pay exactely what on invoice?
He offered me money back? After driving over 1000km from Alberta?
He didn't even bother to email me to warn about increased invoice, dispite that he got my merchendise 2 days before I started to drive to BC.
Shoddy business practices I would say.
Difference is 54 dollars he added to my invoice and I spent over 3000 dollars at his shop.
He couldn't absorb 54 dollars, such a big shop?
JV is one of those pathetic unenthuisiatics shops with indifferent, sleepy personel with bad attitude.
MC

Trikin' 04-12-11 07:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry you had such a bad experiance.....personally I've had excellent service and they are always willing to talk to the obvious noobie about all their systems.....they built and installed my pusher trailer kit (my trailer).

operator 04-14-11 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miro13car (Post 12476496)
I just want to write about terrible experience with JVbikes of Vancouver.
After issuing emailing invoice to me Janko store manager increased amount to pay after I arrived to shop.
He forgot that to add something accesories to my invoice and emailed me invoice.
How can you have invoice issued by shop and later increased when you actually come to pick up items and pay?
Should customer listen to all long explaination of his how his supplier added ...blah, blah.
Should I as customer to pay exactely what on invoice?
He offered me money back? After driving over 1000km from Alberta?
He didn't even bother to email me to warn about increased invoice, dispite that he got my merchendise 2 days before I started to drive to BC.
Shoddy business practices I would say.
Difference is 54 dollars he added to my invoice and I spent over 3000 dollars at his shop.
He couldn't absorb 54 dollars, such a big shop?
JV is one of those pathetic unenthuisiatics shops with indifferent, sleepy personel with bad attitude.
MC


This is dialog you should have with the shop owner.

Can't really say who's in the wrong or right given your rather sparse description of the situation.

cycle.stig 04-16-11 01:25 AM

I don't know if I would call my experience with JV Bikes horrible, but I too was displeased with the service I received from them. I recently went into their shop to purchase a certain item I had researched extensively online. I asked specifically for the item (which they confirmed they had in stock) and the employee I spoke to immediately began to upsell me. This is common practice and wouldn't have been an issue except that they were misleading me with what I knew to be incorrect information. The employee seemed to assume i knew very little so they could tell me whatever they wanted. I walked out of their store without spending a dime when they could have had an easy sale. Went into another LBS where they gladly sold me exactly what I asked for.

puppypilgrim 04-18-11 03:56 PM

I've bought things from JV Bikes. I've also had one adult electric tricycle repaired there, and the wheel bearings of my Dahon replaced there. Service and prices are fine so far.

EChing 04-26-11 10:04 PM

I've always had good service from the sales staff and mechanics. They are generous with their know-how, easy to approach with my questions. And the sales staff have even encouraged me not to rush purchase decisions, to research and consider more carefully what I want before buying. I'm happy to say that with my last two visits for maintenance my bike has becoming even better performing than when new! I feel quite supported in my riding, thanks to JV Bike.

miro13car 04-29-11 10:13 PM

Detals?
Simply put.
As a business.
What is invoice?
It is a promise that you are buying item for such a such price.
It is unacceptable to charge more than on invoice.
PERIOD,
what details do you need?
Of course I complained to owner.
I remember well - he said he regretted ordering my E+ from factory for me!!!!!
Good business practice tells you to absorb petty 50 dollars instead passing on customer, instead he added it to my invoice and by doing this he showed horrible attitude.
All of you with good experience when was those experiences?.
1 month ago?
No doubt in my mind stuff there is underpaid and changes.
Staff at JV was indifferent not helpful at all.
I could not get much information from them about ebikes they sell at all.

EJtheDJ 04-11-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miro13car (Post 12476496)
I just want to write about terrible experience with JVbikes of Vancouver.
After issuing emailing invoice to me Janko store manager increased amount to pay after I arrived to shop.
He forgot that to add something accesories to my invoice and emailed me invoice.
How can you have invoice issued by shop and later increased when you actually come to pick up items and pay?
Should customer listen to all long explaination of his how his supplier added ...blah, blah.
Should I as customer to pay exactely what on invoice?
He offered me money back? After driving over 1000km from Alberta?
He didn't even bother to email me to warn about increased invoice, dispite that he got my merchendise 2 days before I started to drive to BC.
Shoddy business practices I would say.
Difference is 54 dollars he added to my invoice and I spent over 3000 dollars at his shop.
He couldn't absorb 54 dollars, such a big shop?
JV is one of those pathetic unenthuisiatics shops with indifferent, sleepy personel with bad attitude.
MC

I recently had occasion to contact this shop about some clarification on a warranty matter by one of their suppliers. The phone was answered by a pleasantly sounding young female voice trying to clarify the matter with me. Just as we were about to terminate the conversation a heavily accented male voice came on the phone purporting to be the owner, and rattled off a spiel about not being interested in what I had to say and promptly hung up. As he never stopped talking I had no chance to explain that the matter was quite amicably settled with his employee. I further was interested in the purchase of some equipment, but was left with a very unpleasant feeling about that business' owner!

RonPenner 10-29-14 01:50 PM

Watch the return policy.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EJtheDJ (Post 15500589)
I recently had occasion to contact this shop about some clarification on a warranty matter by one of their suppliers. The phone was answered by a pleasantly sounding young female voice trying to clarify the matter with me. Just as we were about to terminate the conversation a heavily accented male voice came on the phone purporting to be the owner, and rattled off a spiel about not being interested in what I had to say and promptly hung up. As he never stopped talking I had no chance to explain that the matter was quite amicably settled with his employee. I further was interested in the purchase of some equipment, but was left with a very unpleasant feeling about that business' owner!

I recommended the shop to my cousin because I had a good experience there. They sold him a fancy road bike when he really wanted a touring bike. (No fender or rack eyelets, racing geometry, completely the wrong bike.) He realized this soon after he got home and, without riding the bike, decided to return it. Their return policy included a 20% restocking fee. That is outrageous. He might have bought the touring bike there, I might have bought additional bikes there, I might have recommended the shop to friends. Not gonna happen now.

Nucks 11-26-14 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPenner (Post 17260609)
I recommended the shop to my cousin because I had a good experience there. They sold him a fancy road bike when he really wanted a touring bike. (No fender or rack eyelets, racing geometry, completely the wrong bike.) He realized this soon after he got home and, without riding the bike, decided to return it. Their return policy included a 20% restocking fee. That is outrageous. He might have bought the touring bike there, I might have bought additional bikes there, I might have recommended the shop to friends. Not gonna happen now.

isn't JV bikes the store where the owner got shot last spring?

Nucks 11-28-14 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucks (Post 17342598)
isn't JV bikes the store where the owner got shot last spring?

Turns out it was the Reckless Cycles owner.

MattzCer 11-30-14 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucks (Post 17342598)
isn't JV bikes the store where the owner got shot last spring?

Ouch
Must be tough up west coast


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 PM.