Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Western Canada Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | Northwest Territories | Nunavut | Saskatchewan | Yukon Territory

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-11, 03:23 PM   #1
tomecki
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Bikes:
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Canadian mail order bike parts?

Anybody know of a Canadian mail order bike part place. Or at least one that doesn't have ridiculous shipping costs to Canada?
tomecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 11:15 PM   #2
Sheik_Yerbouti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bikes:
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Order from England. Usually a better deal than the US. I like http://www.chainreactioncycles.com . Sometimes your lbs will be able to get parts in on a better deal.
Sheik_Yerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 02:38 PM   #3
Heatherbikes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, it sucks. Canada has very high taxes and imports on bike parts. It does not really matter where you buy from because once it hits customs, customs hits you. This is why it can be frustrating seeing bike parts listed on Rei.com etc in the US for so much less money. But then you can see what happens when a country does not have taxes!
Check out the bike shops and ask for what you want. You are in Vancouver, one of the better places to be a cyclist in North America, so you should be able to get what you want. Many bike shops in Vancouver are Velo Orange dealers which can be sort of affordable. Ebay is good. Even better is to have an american buddy to forward you stuff, or take trips to Seattle and either mail the stuff to yourself as gift, be selective about what your claim, or hope you've been the US long enough to not have to pay for what you have bought.
Heatherbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 04:53 PM   #4
Anothercanuck
Junior Member
 
Anothercanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the moment
Bikes:
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you order online from a US retailer have it shipped to one of the many shipping point shops in Point Roberts such as TSB Shipping. You will get cheaper shipping costs, as Pt. Roberts is considered part of the lower 48, and when you bring your parts across you will be "clearing" the goods yourself and will avoid those charges. Often if your purchase is less than $100 they will wave you through. Drive south as if you're going to the ferries. It's not that far and the traffic and border line-up is not that bad on a Saturday.
Anothercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-11, 08:58 AM   #5
Landau
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Coquitlam BC
Bikes: 1984 Nishiki Landau with 2007 Campagnolo Xenon gruppo
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have great luck from British sites. I've ordered frames and parts to build 2 completes bikes and a variety of other parts, tools and clothing. Usually at 1/2 the price of my LBS and 2/3 the price of US mail order places.

I use Pro Bike Kit and Ribble. Pro Bike Kit shipping is free (They do surcharge for Frames and wheels though) and Ribble it is cheap. Both ship by mail and it usually takes 10 days or so. For most orders under $100 I usually do not get charged any taxes or duties. Over $100 Canada Border services usually carges GST/HST and Canada post tacks on an $8 service charge for colleting the tax.

At Ribble the shipping calculation is weird, often you can save a lot by breaking your order into multiple smaller orders.

Landau.
Landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 10:45 PM   #6
Frenzy
Tax Payer
 
Frenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bikes: Litespeed Archon/T1, Cervelo RS, Marinoni Delta Xtra, Hillside Hardtail, Opus Classico, SS
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothercanuck View Post
If you order online from a US retailer have it shipped to one of the many shipping point shops in Point Roberts such as TSB Shipping. You will get cheaper shipping costs, as Pt. Roberts is considered part of the lower 48, and when you bring your parts across you will be "clearing" the goods yourself and will avoid those charges. Often if your purchase is less than $100 they will wave you through. Drive south as if you're going to the ferries. It's not that far and the traffic and border line-up is not that bad on a Saturday.
I agree with this method if you're in Vancouver. Just don't lie when going to and coming back from TSB. If you are not prepared to pay for some duty (one day they will make you pull over) then don't. You will still end up paying FAR less than local retail even if you are asked to pay for taxes/duty. I use TSB and have saved a ton of money.
Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 12:35 PM   #7
neil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Bikes:
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've ordered a few parts and accessories from the US and UK, and I've never even been charged GST to pick them up. Nor duty, despite being manufactured in Europe.

If you order parts from the US that are made in North America, there's only GST on imports, no other duties (NAFTA doesn't allow any duty on made-in-North America imports). If the parts are made in Asia or Europe, the game changes, and a lot is in the hands of the customs agent, but they're busy people and often just wave retail-scale orders through.

Planet Bike is good for shipping to Canada. I've only ordered bits and pieces from them, which they'll ship free. I bought my Ortlieb stuff from bikebagshop.com, and the shipping cost was reasonable enough to still see huge savings over retail.

I've also used the CTC store (through wiggle.co.uk) to get steep discounts on Brooks saddles, and decent prices on other bits and pieces. Again, free shipping and never saw any taxes or duties, though there should theoretically have been some.

Retail prices in Canada aren't just about taxes. Rent and labour costs in Canada are substantially higher than the US, and this drives up retail prices. For mail-order, USPS is heavily subsidised (loses billions every year) while Canada Post operates more or less break-even, turning a small profit most years.

Last edited by neil; 08-19-11 at 12:44 PM.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 01:40 PM   #8
Anothercanuck
Junior Member
 
Anothercanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the moment
Bikes:
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
I agree with this method if you're in Vancouver. Just don't lie when going to and coming back from TSB. If you are not prepared to pay for some duty (one day they will make you pull over) then don't. You will still end up paying FAR less than local retail even if you are asked to pay for taxes/duty. I use TSB and have saved a ton of money.
Absolutely. Trying to smuggle stuff through would not be worth it at all. And while you're there fill up and enjoy up to $0.25/litre less at the pump. Declare that, too.
Anothercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 11:07 AM   #9
BCRoad
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Bikes: '93 Mongoose IBOC COMP, '98 Trek 2100
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothercanuck View Post
If you order online from a US retailer have it shipped to one of the many shipping point shops in Point Roberts such as TSB Shipping. You will get cheaper shipping costs, as Pt. Roberts is considered part of the lower 48, and when you bring your parts across you will be "clearing" the goods yourself and will avoid those charges. Often if your purchase is less than $100 they will wave you through.
I agree with this method if you're in Vancouver. Just don't lie when going to and coming back from TSB. If you are not prepared to pay for some duty (one day they will make you pull over) then don't. You will still end up paying FAR less than local retail even if you are asked to pay for taxes/duty. I use TSB and have saved a ton of money.
I use a similar service, Package Express in Sumas, and more than once have declared as much as $300 of merchandise on a pickup run (spending less than 15 minutes in the US) and not paid any taxes or duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothercanuck View Post
And while you're there fill up and enjoy up to $0.25/litre less at the pump. Declare that, too.
I never declare gas. I assume they assume that everyone fills up before coming back.
BCRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-12, 08:22 AM   #10
Pandayboss
Member
 
Pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Bikes: 1970s C.N.C. Frame restored single speed road bike, 1985 Raleigh Record Ltd. road bike and 1999 Cannondale R300 road bike
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post
I have great luck from British sites. I've ordered frames and parts to build 2 completes bikes and a variety of other parts, tools and clothing. Usually at 1/2 the price of my LBS and 2/3 the price of US mail order places.

I use Pro Bike Kit and Ribble. Pro Bike Kit shipping is free (They do surcharge for Frames and wheels though) and Ribble it is cheap. Both ship by mail and it usually takes 10 days or so. For most orders under $100 I usually do not get charged any taxes or duties. Over $100 Canada Border services usually carges GST/HST and Canada post tacks on an $8 service charge for colleting the tax.

At Ribble the shipping calculation is weird, often you can save a lot by breaking your order into multiple smaller orders.

Landau.
What about a complete bike? I find out that shops here in Canada don't have a lot of selections. I've been looking for a reasonable bikes like Schwinn or Raleigh and for some reasons they don't have the size or don't have the product in their warehouse. If I tried inquiring in the US who carries these brands, they don't ship to Canada or they would ship it to a APO something.
Pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 02:59 PM   #11
lhbernhardt
Dharma Dog
 
lhbernhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Bikes: Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandayboss View Post
What about a complete bike? I find out that shops here in Canada don't have a lot of selections. I've been looking for a reasonable bikes like Schwinn or Raleigh and for some reasons they don't have the size or don't have the product in their warehouse. If I tried inquiring in the US who carries these brands, they don't ship to Canada or they would ship it to a APO something.
Try Mountain Equipment (Vancouver, North Van, Victoria, probably more cities). They've started selling bikes, and the components and accessories they sell are at reasonable prices. Their house brand tubes are cheaper than what you can get in the US. And the Planet Bike "race blade" fenders are FAR cheaper than in the US! They are the only bike shop I deal with in Canada, unless there are big sales (blowouts) going on, such as Cap's South Side in Surrey each year.

Complete bikes are probably a good deal in Canada, as the retail strategy of most bike shops is to take only a small margin on the bikes, but soak the customer on the parts, service, and accessories. Plus, the warranty issues on the bike are greatly simplified when you can just take the bike back to the local place you bought it.

REI in the US used to have good prices on bike stuff, but they've gotten considerably more pricy in the past few years. But it's still the first brick & mortar I'd go to in the US. LBS's in general tend to crank up the prices. If I need parts, I usually order online (PBK, Wiggle, Chainreaction in the UK. eBay, Nashbar, Bike Tires Direct, or whoever has the lowest prices online for what I need in the US). I do all of my own service, including wheelbuilding. Probably the only reason I'd have for going to an LBS would be to buy spokes for a wheel I'm building, and it would be to an LBS with a wheelbuilder who would know what size spokes I would need.

Luis
lhbernhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 06:27 PM   #12
Closed Office
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Bikes:
Posts: 679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherbikes View Post
It does not really matter where you buy from because once it hits customs, customs hits you.
That sounds like a government policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
Try Mountain Equipment (Vancouver, North Van, Victoria, probably more cities). They've started selling bikes, and the components and accessories they sell are at reasonable prices. Their house brand tubes are cheaper than what you can get in the US. And the Planet Bike "race blade" fenders are FAR cheaper than in the US! They are the only bike shop I deal with in Canada, unless there are big sales (blowouts) going on, such as Cap's South Side in Surrey each year.
Mountain equipment coop are very good for bike parts. It's always my first stop if I need something.
Closed Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:34 AM   #13
Pandayboss
Member
 
Pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Bikes: 1970s C.N.C. Frame restored single speed road bike, 1985 Raleigh Record Ltd. road bike and 1999 Cannondale R300 road bike
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
Try Mountain Equipment (Vancouver, North Van, Victoria, probably more cities). They've started selling bikes, and the components and accessories they sell are at reasonable prices. Their house brand tubes are cheaper than what you can get in the US. And the Planet Bike "race blade" fenders are FAR cheaper than in the US! They are the only bike shop I deal with in Canada, unless there are big sales (blowouts) going on, such as Cap's South Side in Surrey each year.

Complete bikes are probably a good deal in Canada, as the retail strategy of most bike shops is to take only a small margin on the bikes, but soak the customer on the parts, service, and accessories. Plus, the warranty issues on the bike are greatly simplified when you can just take the bike back to the local place you bought it.

Luis
I finally bought my bike and after two months of researching and inquiries in Canada and US, I decided to go with OPUS a Quebec manufacturer. I got a touring one called Legato. Good components, triple butted cro moly and high quality workmanship. I fell in love with it when I went to an LBS that I've frequented for the past 6 years. I was aiming for Raleigh Port Townsend and Jamis Aurora but when I saw this one, I've decided right there and there. I'm happy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg legato-2012wht__large-view.jpg (88.3 KB, 9 views)
Pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:37 AM   #14
Pandayboss
Member
 
Pandayboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Bikes: 1970s C.N.C. Frame restored single speed road bike, 1985 Raleigh Record Ltd. road bike and 1999 Cannondale R300 road bike
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closed Office View Post
Mountain equipment coop are very good for bike parts. It's always my first stop if I need something.
Yeah, I always bought my accessories there. I looked at their bike selections and they are pretty decent for the price. They designed their bikes but they are manufactured in China. I'm looking to pick up panniers to get started on my touring stuff but I could easily find special deals online.
Pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 12:56 PM   #15
tomecki
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Bikes:
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got the MEC Col last year. It was a much better value than comparably spec'd bikes at the local shops and I’ve really enjoyed the bike. On Saturday morning, I was doing some maintenance and I noticed a small crack in the frame (on the little tube that's welded between the chain stays, just behind the bottom bracket). I took it back and they offered me a refund or a new bike no questions asked. This year's model had a few lower spec'd parts and I've upgraded a few so they also offered to swap whatever I wanted from the old bike to the new one. They said the new frame would be covered under the same warranty with practically no time limit. I couldn't believe this level of customer service and I think I'd have a much different experience at another shop.


About the quality of the frame: To put things in perspective I weigh 225lb and have put 7000km consisting of mostly short rides full of intervals on this bike, so I think it has had a pretty hard life in the year I've owned it. I can't say how any other aluminum frame would have held up and my frame probably had a defective weld, but overall I believe that the quality of the MEC frames is comparable to any other brand name frame in a similar price range. After all, almost all of them are made in a handful of factories in China and I think MEC wouldn't have chosen to save a few pennies by going with one of the less reputable ones.

Based on the value and customer service/warranty, I would definitely recommend buying a bike from them.

As for parts, I’ve had good luck with Ribble and have never paid GST or duties.
tomecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 02:01 PM   #16
lhbernhardt
Dharma Dog
 
lhbernhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Bikes: Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomecki View Post
About the quality of the frame: To put things in perspective I weigh 225lb and have put 7000km consisting of mostly short rides full of intervals on this bike, so I think it has had a pretty hard life in the year I've owned it. I can't say how any other aluminum frame would have held up and my frame probably had a defective weld, but overall I believe that the quality of the MEC frames is comparable to any other brand name frame in a similar price range. After all, almost all of them are made in a handful of factories in China and I think MEC wouldn't have chosen to save a few pennies by going with one of the less reputable ones.

Based on the value and customer service/warranty, I would definitely recommend buying a bike from them.
I was surprised you had a crack in the frame until you mentioned that it was aluminum. I really don't think any other aluminum frame would have held up any better. I own one aluminum frame, but it's a track bike and only gets loaded from acceleration, not acceleration up steep climbs!

I think aluminum is not such a good material for road bikes. It's too brittle, especially after it gets bent a few times. If you bend a steel tube, you can bend it back without it breaking ("cold setting"). If you try to bend back an aluminum tube, it will usually snap. Because they don't want the material to be bending under load, they have to make the frame much stiffer, so there is much less flexing of tubes under normal use. This results in an extremely harsh ride.

I think that most alu frames have lasted as long as they have because they haven't had 225-lb guys doing hard intervals on them! I weigh 175, and in one season I broke 3 Performance titanium frames (made of "aerospace grade Chinese titanium"), but they were all under warranty. So I'm not a big fan of Ti, either.

So it's good the alu frame is warranted. Otherwise, I'd stick with steel or carbon fiber.

Luis
lhbernhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 02:44 PM   #17
Mountain Mitch
Senior Member
 
Mountain Mitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Back-of-beyond, Kootenays, BC
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Expert Road and Specialized Stump Jumper FS Mountain
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRoad View Post
I never declare gas. I assume they assume that everyone fills up before coming back.
It's simple: Gas in the tank is exempt. Gas in a container is not.
Mountain Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 09:45 PM   #18
BigWickerJim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Bikes:
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti View Post
Order from England. Usually a better deal than the US. I like http://www.chainreactioncycles.com . Sometimes your lbs will be able to get parts in on a better deal.
I also order a fair bit of parts from chainreactioncycles. Shipping to Canada is cheap or often free and I've never been charged tax or duty. I've even had tires and rims ship for free.
BigWickerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 09:12 PM   #19
rc211
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherbikes View Post
No, it sucks. Canada has very high taxes and imports on bike parts. It does not really matter where you buy from because once it hits customs, customs hits you. This is why it can be frustrating seeing bike parts listed on Rei.com etc in the US for so much less money. But then you can see what happens when a country does not have taxes!
Check out the bike shops and ask for what you want. You are in Vancouver, one of the better places to be a cyclist in North America, so you should be able to get what you want. Many bike shops in Vancouver are Velo Orange dealers which can be sort of affordable. Ebay is good. Even better is to have an american buddy to forward you stuff, or take trips to Seattle and either mail the stuff to yourself as gift, be selective about what your claim, or hope you've been the US long enough to not have to pay for what you have bought.
Lies and more damn lies.

No there is no import fees/tarifs on bike parts, they do however have a 5% import tax (not gst) on assembled bikes.
2 things:
1. never use UPS they like to slap brokerage fees on for no reason. so to avoid don't use them or call ahead and get the tracking number form the bike shop where you ordered and then call UPS tell them you will self clear it- 9 times out of 10 you don't have to pay GST or their fees.
2. use wiggle in the UK, cheap and kills the ****ty LBS, which are crap anyway.
rc211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 07:40 PM   #20
WindsAndHills
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Princeton BC Canada
Bikes: 2006 Norco Mountaineer, 2012 Norco Indie 3
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MEC and Chainreaction UK are good,about 8 days and if you can make the order $100. +, shipping is free, $50 for free shipping with MEC and a good return policy.
WindsAndHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 04:25 PM   #21
gecho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Regina, SK
Bikes: 2009 Trek 520
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wiggle in the UK has worked out great for me, particularly drive train parts and tires which are easily 50% cheaper on many items. Of the five orders I made this year, none of them got held by the post office for GST. I'm all for supporting local shops, but I have a limited budget and can't afford to pay twice the price to make them feel better.
gecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:54 PM   #22
HydroG33r 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Westminster, BC
Bikes: Specialized Secteur Expert Disc Compact
Posts: 370
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothercanuck View Post
If you order online from a US retailer have it shipped to one of the many shipping point shops in Point Roberts such as TSB Shipping. You will get cheaper shipping costs, as Pt. Roberts is considered part of the lower 48, and when you bring your parts across you will be "clearing" the goods yourself and will avoid those charges. Often if your purchase is less than $100 they will wave you through. Drive south as if you're going to the ferries. It's not that far and the traffic and border line-up is not that bad on a Saturday.
Agreed. I used to ship to TSB, but found that the Point Roberts border guards were typically more stringent about sending me in to pay duty (as I suppose the majority of people going down there in a given day are doing the same thing with various PO boxes). I now have a box in Blaine (www.mbistore.com), and find that the truck crossing & peace arch guards are much more lenient about duty. I've probably only had to pay two or three times in the past 4 years, and I often come back with several hundred dollars' worth of stuff (I declare every penny of it).
HydroG33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 10:57 AM   #23
Rhodabike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Potashville
Bikes: Reynolds 531P road bike, Rocky Mountain Metropolis, Rocky Mountain Sherpa 10, Look 566
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Found one:
http://www.canadabicycleparts.com/co...s/saddles.html
Selection is kind of limited, but now that the one Saskatoon shop that was carrying SMP no longer is, it's the only place to get those saddles.
Rhodabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-13, 01:27 PM   #24
timvan_78
Senior Member
 
timvan_78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bikes: Trek Fuel EX8, Kona Zing, Marin BearValley, Stolen Heater BMX, Norco Evolution Tandem
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothercanuck View Post
Drive south as if you're going to the ferries.
?? There are no ferries from Pt. Roberts. If you tell the US border guard you are going to the ferry, he'll tell you that you are LOST. I guess you mean drive towards Tssawassen ferry and then turn south through Tssawassen to Pt. Bob.

Also, near christmas time, the Pt. Roberts border lineups can get mental.
timvan_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.