Ok, so I decided to continue riding through the winter (maybe even commute) this year. It Problem: I have zero winter riding equipment. I'm a newbie, and despite my frantic searching, I still have some general questions. Can someone point me in the right direction?
- What do I look for when purchasing quality winter gear? What materials are best for what?
- Warm vs. dry? Temps rarely drop below freezing here, but rains almost every day for months. Considerations?
- How can I keep my ears and face warm and still wear a helmet?
- Can I get a waterproof bag for my cell phone? If I commute, I'll also need one for my laptop.
- If I ride a lot in the rain (Oregon), what preventative maintenance does my bike need?
- Lighting? Will HID really interfere with my wireless computer?
- My nose runs like crazy in the cold. Snot rockets, anyone?