Brand new law and they still have a death wish. I had a pack of about 10 or 12 run me right off the trail a few years back. I don't think much can be done, except for reporting it.
Glad your ok
It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any snowmobile in the following unsafe or harassing ways:
* 1. Imprudent speed. At a rate of speed greater than reasonable or proper under the surrounding circumstances.
* NB Effective until February 26, 2006
* 1. Imprudent speed. At a rate of speed greater than reasonable or proper under the surrounding circumstances provided, however, that in no case shall a snowmobile be operated at a speed in excess of fifty-five miles per hour upon public trails or lands, unless (a) participating in a special event authorized by the commissioner pursuant to section 25.11 of this article or (b) engaged in operation as an emergency vehicle as defined in subdivision twenty-one of section 21.05 of this title.
* NB Effective February 26, 2006
2. Reckless operation. In a careless, reckless or negligent manner so as to unreasonably endanger the person or property of another or to cause injury or damage thereto.