2003 BIANCHI VIGORELLI, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE
Nothing like being on a back country road, on a nice day, riding my winter bike, sunny.....cold......quiet.....and here comes a snowmobile running along, all over the place, at what had to be close to 100 mph. I don't think he saw me until the last second, we both almost crapped our pants. Never a dull moment...
It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any snowmobile in the following unsafe or harassing ways:
* 1. Imprudent speed. At a rate of speed greater than reasonable or proper under the surrounding circumstances.
* NB Effective until February 26, 2006
* 1. Imprudent speed. At a rate of speed greater than reasonable or proper under the surrounding circumstances provided, however, that in no case shall a snowmobile be operated at a speed in excess of fifty-five miles per hour upon public trails or lands, unless (a) participating in a special event authorized by the commissioner pursuant to section 25.11 of this article or (b) engaged in operation as an emergency vehicle as defined in subdivision twenty-one of section 21.05 of this title.
* NB Effective February 26, 2006
2. Reckless operation. In a careless, reckless or negligent manner so as to unreasonably endanger the person or property of another or to cause injury or damage thereto.