Yeah, I know some of you are probably into what I would consider summer conditions already, but up here in Canada we're getting our first hints that winter might soon be officially over.
So, when you are cycling, what are some things you notice along your routes that you would consider sure signs of spring?
Yesterday I noticed a few:
- the fact that the temperature was 15.5C/60F ..... HOT!!
- the pussiwillows are in full force in the ditches ..... which means that leaves should start appearing on the trees in the next few weeks!
- dust, lots and lots of dust in the air ....... from the vehicles driving through the heaps of gravel and sand left over from sanding the roads.
- I was wearing knickers (knee warmers) rather than tights, and I was down to three fairly light layers on top!!
- there's only a little bit of snow left in the ditches, where it had drifted into piles ... the rest of the snow is all melted.
So ... what are some signs of spring in your area?