Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Winter Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/winter-cycling/)
-   -   Post your winter bike pics. (http://www.bikeforums.net/winter-cycling/358843-post-your-winter-bike-pics.html)

rumrunn6 01-08-14 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=TuckamoreDew;16392393]Well, if you aren't willing to stop pedaling long enough to take a photo (and I applaud that kind of enthusiasm for riding) maybe you could free up one hand and snap a pic ;) . Not in traffic, though.


impressive camera work

Sixty Fiver 01-09-14 01:00 PM

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...etch%20(1).jpg

bmike 01-09-14 01:16 PM

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/1...2c0e91d6_b.jpg
IMG_2391 by mbeganyi, on Flickr

Sixty Fiver 01-09-14 01:44 PM

The new fixed gear has been working really well in this weather, for a bike with no studded tyres it is still very stable.

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...erthumper2.JPG

kris7047th 01-11-14 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359114

Just picked this up last Thursday, and put green Bontrager bottle cages that match the pedals pretty good today.

kris7047th 01-13-14 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=359391

billnuke1 01-20-14 01:27 PM

Cape Cod Canal befor the big storm!
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=360511

Just pulled this off the stand... doing the shakedown run! It is a 1979 Motobecane Mirage. Turns out to be one of my better riding Mirages! Hit 30mph with a tailwind! Next bike to do during the storm is an older Moto Grand Sprint! Let it snow!

rumrunn6 01-20-14 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billnuke1 (Post 16426283)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=360511

Just pulled this off the stand doing the shakedown run! It is a 1979 Motobecane Mirage. Turns out to be one of my better riding Mirages! Hit 30mph with a tailwind! Next bike to do during the storm is an older Moto Grand Sprint! Let it snow!

cool! gotta get your rides in when you can. winter is coming back, that's for sure.

Shinjukan 01-24-14 11:58 AM

It's been well-known by Jan. 20th that it's not whether the snow storm would indeed materialize, but by how much it would dump on the East Coast when it's all said and done. Good thing I fought off the laziness of having to go out and tuck in this ride. As of this post, there's at least 8 inches of the white stuff on the ground here in the Delaware Valley region, and the temps are not expected to rise above 32F until after the Super Bowl.
http://s20.postimg.org/8nkdvuw2l/Br_Wine_Creek.jpg

billnuke1 01-24-14 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361156Sill ridin' the Gary Fisher Capitola.
Nothin' better has come along!

gecho 01-26-14 12:14 AM

A little something I put together today with a fork from a frame I haven't got around to selling yet. Also borrowed the studded front wheel from my Moonlander. I need to take it for a spin on a skating rink to see if it will be a good choice for an ice race coming up in a few weeks.

I'll probably run the pressure low enough that when cornering the tire will stay flat against the ground and the sidewall will simply deform. Last year the course was a corkscrew on ice so the track was one continuous turn which was very tough and slow on a fat bike. The 1/2 fat setup and different frame geometry might give me a bit more speed this year.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a.../_IMG_1114.jpg

Sixty Fiver 01-26-14 12:19 AM

It has been so nice out I barely needed the front studded tyre the other day... to that end I mounted it up on it's own wheel that I can swap in and out as the roads are nice enough to just ruin the cross tyres.

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...trun%20(1).JPG

macjager 01-26-14 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmike (Post 16396744)

That is an awesome picture, and the ice on the bridge looks lethal! Gotta love Vermont. BTW, what bike is that?

bmike 01-27-14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macjager (Post 16441285)
That is an awesome picture, and the ice on the bridge looks lethal! Gotta love Vermont. BTW, what bike is that?

Surly Pugsley

rudeboy69 01-27-14 12:16 PM

Sopot Poland
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361648

TuckamoreDew 01-27-14 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billnuke1 (Post 16437959)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361156Sill ridin' the Gary Fisher Capitola.
Nothin' better has come along!

Who is the muppet photobombing your bike photo?

TuckamoreDew 01-27-14 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gecho (Post 16441127)
A little something I put together today with a fork from a frame I haven't got around to selling yet. Also borrowed the studded front wheel from my Moonlander. I need to take it for a spin on a skating rink to see if it will be a good choice for an ice race coming up in a few weeks.

I'll probably run the pressure low enough that when cornering the tire will stay flat against the ground and the sidewall will simply deform. Last year the course was a corkscrew on ice so the track was one continuous turn which was very tough and slow on a fat bike. The 1/2 fat setup and different frame geometry might give me a bit more speed this year.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a.../_IMG_1114.jpg

Wow. Just...wow.

WillynHook 01-30-14 10:19 AM

Wednesday's Mid-Atlantic snow. 6-8 inches of fluffy stuff to ride the trails in....

http://faculty.salisbury.edu/~jwhoward/temp/fatsnow.jpg

http://faculty.salisbury.edu/~jwhowa...p/fatsnow2.jpg

http://faculty.salisbury.edu/~jwhowa...p/fatsnow3.jpg

Dr. Joe

stevemtbr 01-30-14 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billnuke1 (Post 16437959)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=361156Sill ridin' the Gary Fisher Capitola.
Nothin' better has come along!


looks like the Unabomber.

kris7047th 02-03-14 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=362656

Surly Pugley fat-bike

billnuke1 02-03-14 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemtbr (Post 16453779)
looks like the Unabomber.

Yeah! I hate looking in the truck mirror when I have my sunglasses on and my hood up!

LesterOfPuppets 02-08-14 03:00 PM

Rollin' singlespeed today. We may be the only bike shop in town that's open right now :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/1...73bc1676_k.jpg

Sixty Fiver 02-08-14 04:03 PM

I slimmed down after I sold the Pug... the Raleigh is better on ice and there is nothing wrong with a fixed drive when it is -20C and things like freewheels and cassettes want to freeze up.

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...rebc%20(3).JPG

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...rebc%20(2).JPG

(I can still borrow the Pug if I want to as it went to a close friend).

rholland1951 02-10-14 08:48 AM

1987 GT Karakoram running 47-559 Nokian W240s.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7...121_204606.jpg

2010 700C Surly LHT running 37-622 Continental Top Contact Winter IIs.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-e...214_184311.jpg

Conditions dictate which bike gets ridden.

rod

bmike 02-10-14 11:44 AM

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3730/1...505f715f_b.jpg
Untitled by mbeganyi, on Flickr

fargo, studded with nokians.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 AM.