This is my first winter riding and while I'm enjoying being able to continue riding (although less frequently in the winter) I find that riding my winter beater is a bit of a drag. Here are the specs:
- Purchased for $80.00 at a place called the Bike Dump
- Not sure what brand it is
- Steel everything (steel rims make it hard to stop)
- No-name components (1 pc cranks, no hex bolts anywhere, no quick release)
- MTB style (5 speed)
- In really bad condition (stem is rusted in place, the hubs I repacked are "bleeding" grease etc.)
I guess because I don't plan on using it past the end of the winter I'm lax with maintenance, but it has been less enjoyable riding the beater than one of my nicer fair weather bikes. Anyone else have this problem? Let us know what kind of bike you ride in winter!