I am trying to get my winter gear in order for commuting while taking advantage of summer prices I live in nashville TN with average lows in january of 25 F ranging to a low of 66 F in july. I am strictly looking for road cycling gear( so blue jeans, allergic to wool etc are out).
Firstly will leg warmers be adequate in 25 degree weather?
Secondly what do you think of my lineup
1) base layer: underarmour(heat gear and cold gear). 2 or three pairs. Should I try craft instead?
2) Jerseys: i just have short sleeve. I add arm warmers when <60 F.
3) Wind/ rain breaker: cannondale..has removable sleeves for vest
4)Outerwear: Suggestions??? looking for something to put over my base layer and jersey from ~20 F -~50F.
5) Bib shorts and legwarmers or bib shorts and tights or do I need all three??
6) accesories: gloves, shoe covers, hat(and helmet), etc