Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Winter Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/winter-cycling/)
-   -   Frost on my moustache (http://www.bikeforums.net/winter-cycling/4723-frost-my-moustache.html)

Richard D 01-04-02 08:59 AM

Frost on my moustache
 
Anyone else like the feeling of a frozen beard or am I peculier? :)

It's particularly good as the breath condenses on your face going down hill leaving your beard and tache feeling almost sticky.

I'm not sure how many degrees below 0 it was this morning but my suspension fork went fom 50 mm travel to barely 20mm....

Richard

LittleBigMan 01-04-02 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Richard D
Anyone else like the feeling of a frozen beard or am I peculier? :)
As long as it's mine! :D

Steele-Bike 01-05-02 09:59 AM

As a goatee owner, I like to think of the mustache as a portable humidifier. The hot breathe melts the icy beard and the moisture is then inhaled. This cycle goes on and on until one is sitting warmly inside. :)

HardBall 01-07-02 10:59 AM

Love the winter riding!! This past Sunday morning on a sunrise ride had my balaclava feeeze to my face and had frozen patches where the helmet vents were located. Very invigorating but I paid for it with my feet. I can't get my feet comfortable no matter what I try (multiple socks, bags, booties). I think I'm going to flats and boots. Only rode 22 miles but in the conditions I should have been a bit more prudent.

capkos 01-11-02 08:05 PM

Hardball, you should try those new (or not so new) toe warmers.
They work like the hand warmers in those little cellaphane pouches. If you can't find them locally, you can order them from Campmor in Paramus, N.J. They are probably on line.
Keep those piggies toasty.

HardBall 01-12-02 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by capkos
Hardball, you should try those new (or not so new) toe warmers.
They work like the hand warmers in those little cellaphane pouches. If you can't find them locally, you can order them from Campmor in Paramus, N.J. They are probably on line.
Keep those piggies toasty.

capkos,

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

LittleBigMan 01-13-02 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Richard D
...the breath condenses on your face going down hill leaving your beard and tache feeling almost sticky.
With me, it's buggies! :eek:

(Wiping a runny, cold nose was always easier before I grew a mustache! :( )


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.