Join Date: Feb 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3-week review of the Shimano MW-80 Winter Shoes
- No wet feet so far. But I've only seen snow and slush, no downpours yet.
- About as warm as my summer MTB shoes with a 5mm neoprene bootie. Give or take.
- Low prices on line, and I already knew my shimano shoe size.
- Stickier lugs than race shoes mean less chance of taking a dive on my wet basement steps.
- Just enough flex in the sole to make walking almost pleasant.
- The velcro on the cuff just has to stick to my overpriced smartwool socks EVERYTIME I put them on.
- No optional toe studs. Something commuters aren't likely to miss, but on my first MTB ride, I did.
- If the cuff came a bit higher it would give a better seal with rainpants.
- Just enough flex in the sole to offend my snooty racer-boy sensibilities.