Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Western Wisconsin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been rebuilding my stash of winter gear this summer. Over the various moves to places without snow, a lot of my winter gear disappeared. After a winter in Wisconsin, I got some idea of what would work and what wouldn't. This summer, I've collected:
- New studded tires - these were among the things that disappeared, and I made due without them last winter
- Obnoxious bright green wind resistant/waterproof soft shell
- Merino wool sweaters of various weights (sourced from online used clothing stores)
- Medium weight wool socks (the expedition weight socks were overkill for fall and spring)
- LED safety triangle. Not winter-specific, but will be nice for commuting in the dark.
Still on my list:
- Pogies or Bar Mitts, though I might just DIY again
- Wool hat (also might DIY - I can't knit, but I'm good at sewing things from old socks!)
- Possibly, new rain pants.