Old 11-07-09, 11:41 PM
mechanicalron

Bikes: Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elcraft View Post
You could make an "expanding plug" type of mount for the hole in the bottom of fork (under the steerer tube) Drill through the the center of a black rubber plug (like the ones from High school chemestry- they are available at Home Depot) that is slightly loose in the hole. Use a nut and bolt with a pair of washers to "sandwich" the plug. When you tighten the bolt; the washers squeeze the plug "fatter"so it wedges in the hole. If you drill a hole in the fender and the feed the bolt up through the fender, and then into the "rubberplug sandwich" it can be secured inthe steerer tube hole. You might have to cut a "key" or metal "barb" in the washer nearest the nut, to limit the nut from turning while you tighten it. Look an old Velox Handle bar plug or an automotive "replacement Freeze plug" if itis not clear what I am talking about. Or Pm me and Ill send a drawing via email.
That would work good, I like it.