Old 11-11-09, 12:30 PM
maddmaxx 
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
I was going to start a similar thread, but I'll ressurect this one instead. While I prefer Look pedals for my dedicated road bike, the commuter/light touring bike I'm building (Salsa Casseroll) will have Crank Bros. pedals since I will be doing a significant amount of walking around when I ride this bike.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions for a walkable SPD compatible shoe? I am willing to sacrifice some flexibility in exchange for a stiff sole for riding, but I don't need or want the large stiff lugs like my dedicated MTB shoes have for gripping mud and dirt. Something more suitable for walking on pavement and floors is what I want.
I'd still recomend the SPD 20/21 series or the 38/39/40 series. They are "sport" MTB shoes, treaded but not lugged (sorry lug lovers), rockered walkable reasonably stiff soles and are laced, not velcro closure.

The lesser series 20/21 look more like regular shoes, the 38 series have a texture that lets air in and moisture out. I have worn them to work when I was trying to break them in. Cleats only touch in gravel.