Old 03-24-05, 12:01 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
This whole issue of bad drivers doesn't surprise me... but it seems our local EC advocate doesn't notice it all... Since a number of sites on the net and the presence of armed road rage incidents still exist, I use this evidence as an indicator that maybe some folks just have a hard time with real facts at hand.
I don't find a conflict between EC and bad drivers. The danger they create is not worsened by EC, but actually improved if anything. Bad drivers tend to be the agressive go fast kind or the inattentive. The fast ones don't like the outside lane and they like being 'racer' aware of what is in front of them. The run red lights, they swerve thru traffic, etc. The inattentive ones will become more attentive of you if they see you coming before making a right turn in front of you. I believe that being more visible and being clear about intention actually is better than hugging the curb and making yourself invisible.

Al