Old 11-15-09, 04:32 PM
tprevost
okay, maybe...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by loopybunny
Thanks! I keep telling myself that about the wind. Unfortunately, if there are gusts, wind can be scary! And since live in ag land, we get nasty gusts. And if the fields are freshly plowed, well... you get the picture.

I hit a milestone today!!

Did an out and back, sort of told myself I'd turn around when I felt like it and head home. So I headed out into the middle of nowhere. Dropped my chain when shifting from the big ring to prepare for a little climb. Continued out farther into the middle of nowhere, then headed home. Ended up being my longest solo ride ever with 30.68 miles. As a woman on a solo ride with technical difficulties and my not knowing how to do much more than change a flat, I feel very accomplished. Especially since last Feb/March I could barely ride 3 miles and thought 5 miles was far.

I tracked down some hills.

What's more is that with my 22.72 mile ride yesterday, my weekend total is 53.4 miles. I also rode Wednesday so my 5 day total is 78.9 miles. I've never ridden that far in a year, let alone five days. I've got a long way to go before I'm ready for a century and I may never get there, but I'm happy anyhow.
Well Done Loopy!!! I've been doing 20-30 milers lately so if you'd like to ride together once in a while, I'd welcome it! Medianox is in Manteca as well and a really great riding partner too!