LorenzoNF
zone 2

Bikes: BMC Teammachine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
I've tried it off and on before, but never had much luck. I feel like it saps a lot of power compared to the drops, and just isn't comfortable at all.
Practice, practice, practice. My main problem with the position is my hip flexors starting to ache. I'm sure stretching would help that. I don't notice a drop in power; if anything, I feel more PRO and the added incentive makes me push harder.

It seems to help if I slide forward on the saddle a bit and sit on the nose. My groin still feels really uncomfortable and my hip angle feels gigantic.
I actually try doing the opposite - sitting firmly back on the seat and stretching my upper body out onto the bars. In this position my back is flat and my wrists rest on the tops easily, with my upper arms almost at a 90* angle.

I'd also like some ideas for better control and comfort of the forearms. My arms hurt laying on the uncovered bar. Maybe some big wrist sweat things, with something sticky on the outside to sit on the bars?
This is a problem for me too; I feel like I'm bruising my wrists. I try moving my position around every 5 minutes or so to alleviate the pressure.

Okay, now somebody much more informed can contribute.