Old 11-17-09, 05:45 AM
jungovox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Magic Shine - Battery Mounting Options

Hey all,

Just got my magic shine last week - love it - great build, nice and bright - (smaller than I expected - a nice surprise) - Mine is the newer one with the shorter cable from the light and the ext. cable option.

There seem to be lots of thoughts about how/where to mount the battery in that huge ongoing thread in the forum - I am really curious as to where YOUR battery ended up. do tell

I struggled with mounting it in a few places. (Trek hybrid FX 7.6)

1. under the top tube ... Wasn't grabbing like I hoped and was sliding back - would be nice if they had a velcro strap on the front / stem side to hold it forward

2. under the bottom tube - helped to pickup the short cable slack - I caught it forward but putting the straps before my break cable hits the tube. - took it for ride and worried that if that velcro ever gave that sucker would be in my front spokes in a heartbeat -

3. Seat pack or Trunk pack - sure it could go back there but that's yet another long cable to secure or wrap around the upper tube...

Where did mine end up ?

I have few bento boxes - and the tiny one ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product ) is perfect for holding the battery and the extra cable - it mounts on the top tube top and double velcros to both the tube and the stem - ...

Where did you mount yours ?