View Single Post
Old 11-17-09, 11:27 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thank you, PaPa! I don`t know how much comparrison can be made from `bents to upright DF, but I`m glad to have some kind of ideas.

1 inch max trail? Wow! What`s the range of tiller length in your builds? I was thinking about a 4 in stem, but with 20 X 1.75 tires it would be easy to adjust front center and stem length to give me from zero to maybe 8 inches without any toe issues, but it would be pretty heavilly loaded on the front wheel if I went with that long a stem. Then again, maybe a heavy front is a good thing. As far as the trail goes, I decided to try first with an adjustable offset fork- was thinking of a range that would give me from ~25 to 50mm trail, but now I`ll make sure it`ll let me get down close to zero trail on the close end.

For HTA, I found a thread on another forum where a Bike Friday NWT was supposely measured at 73* and I was able to get a rough measurement on a couple Dahons with a little angle finder- looks like about 73 also, so I`m going with that.

Any rate, thanks for chiming in. If you have any juicy tidbits to pass on concerning weight distribuiton or tiller length I`d be happy to hear them. I must admit I hadn`t thought much about the weight and hadn`t thought any about tiller.