Ride that bike!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
Pick one without a-holes.
We got a ton of guys this year because of the following reasons:
1. We had a ton of guys showing up to race EVERY race.
2. We didn't have a lot of people that just wore a jersey and said they raced but only showed up once or twice a year.
3. We all hung out as friends and networked professionally outside of racing and it showed.
4. I hate this new forum format. Can't even tell what I am typing. Bucket of blechy meh.
5. We didn't charge dues, get hung up on fees, expect anyone to do anything, worry too much about our kit, etc. Buy a jersey....you're on the team. Can't buy one? Borrow one....you're on the team.
6. We raced heads-up and treated everyone with respect - for the most part. As a result we naturally found ourselves bs'n with classy racers after each race - which naturally led to them asking about the team.
PSI, thanks man! This helps a lot. For some reason I have been worrying about this...not really something to worry about I know. Anyways, while scanning through your list there is one team that stands out to me. I really want to learn and improve next year and my goal is to upgrade from 35+/4 to Masters. The team I really like has a national champ, 2s, 3s, Masters and 4s (no cat 5 here) and is open to everyone that is willing to put down $100 on a kit. Another thing is beer. Sounds silly, but I wan't to be able to drink a Leffe with these guys/gals. Lastly, I am a quiet, calm, easy going dude and I can't stand type-A punks or a-holes. It seems there are few around here. The only issue with this team is the group ride takes off about 15 miles from my house - I guess that would be a good warm-up. Thanks again.