Old 11-25-09, 11:32 AM
Migs121

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very first tour! Excited, but conflicted with clothing.

Hi there, I've been referring to this site for years and its been a great help. I've searched on the subject of tour clothing and found some good posts but I still find that I'm left with some questions. It's been my dream to start touring for years and I'm finally getting the chance to do a relatively short tour from Savannah to Atlanta approx. 240+miles.

So basically I picked up a nice pair of bib shorts, but now I'm having trouble on deciding what to wear up top and on my feet. It shouldn't be too cold during the ride but I like to be ready for the worst. I also distance run on a regular basis so I would like something that could crossover so I can use it for both. Budget is a concern but not limited.

I was thinking of buying a UA cold gear mock, and the tights just incase it got cold enough to toss them over my shorts. Then I figured I could get a nice windbreaker/rain jacket to wear as a shell. I'm conflicted because I see a lot of you don't care for UA, and I have no idea what kind of jacket to get given my crossover concerns. As for my feet, I ride with toe clips and only have regular sneakers that when wet hold water for days. I'd also like be able to use the gear when I move back to NY and commute year round.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!