bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've missed you, BF Clydes

Does anyone remember me?

It's been a long, tough year for a thousand reasons that I won't get into, but I'm back to join "the herd" .

Last year I got down to 336 in October from a high of 567 in June of 2005. Now, well, I'm at 392.5 as of yesterday. Let's just say, I could write a book on trial and error with the "error" chapters probably being in the thousands... . For now I'll document my errors to help those of you who may make similar ones. Last fall we made the choice to start looking to buy a new home, around the same time I was off the bike for six weeks due to an injury. To add one more to the mix, around the same time we had layoffs at work that continued through early spring.

The result of all this was stress-induced eating/drinking, not much cycling due to buying and moving in early January. By March 1 I was up to 370 and started getting some focus back. Through the early summer I did pretty good, dropping down to 356 by August 1, just in time for work to get really busy which was compounded by our department being about a third of the size it was two years ago. The kids started school shortly after that, an hour earlier than their previous school (ever try getting kids used to waking up an hour earlier? It's November and we're FINALLY almost there), and I started school as well to also FINALLY finish up the 18 credits left on my B.S.

Summary is that now at the end of November I stepped on the scale and saw "392.5", which really wasn't pleasant. That's, of course, putting it mildly. It's the result of an amazingly stressful year with very little miles on the bike, too many miles in the car, terrible food choices, and way too much beer. Hell, for a little time there I started smoking again - after years of giving it up.

Now I realize that there's no such thing as too little time to ride, and am working to correct the damage done. I swear, I'm so sick of falling off the wagon I could scream.

Thanks for reading, tough for me to write, but I appreciate knowing this forum is around for me to write in.