Old 11-30-09, 02:56 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Maybe I'm miscalculating something:
A couple people have suggested frame size of 68.5 (c-c)
and crank length of 190mm
Add the height of a seatrail clamp with the post slammed all the way in, and the height of a saddle, and you're looking at another ~50mm

So that's a minimum 36.4" extension (saddle to pedal) for a guy with a 36.6" inseam? Yowch.

I'm willing to agree with a size closer to what his fitters fixed him up with, based solely on the fact that they worked with him in person rather than trying to diagnose his fit situation based on a half dozen stats in a web post. I'm 6'6" with goofy long gorilla arms, and my 2 road bikes are 62cm and 64cm (c-c). There's about 4.5" (115mm) of post showing on the 62cm, and less on the 64cm. I do use a positive rise stem to get my bars up to a comforable height; a Profile Aris +25, 100mm. Combined with the extension to the hoods, this is a comfortable riding position for the type of saddle time I'm putting in on long rides (sometimes 20+ hours), without being uncomfortable in the drops for long periods. Some of us big guys can actually ride a shorter frame with just some minor accessory tweaks.