Old 12-01-09, 11:43 AM
ghettocruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
I'd prefer the feedback when you're riding.
It's too cold ride without gloves, and I can't type on my laptop with gloves on.

You do realize that the ban applies to *motor* vehicles. As much as I wanted to ride all the way to work on October 26th talking loudly on a handset, I refrained.

I have a the stock Sony-Ericcson wired mic (rogers sent me this free because I am dumb enough to use their cable service) that connects to a set of stereo headphones (free from my last Air Canada flight) semi-permanently wired into my fullface (winter) helmet. I just plug the headset in once I put the helmet on, which takes less time than trying to get a headset to stick in my ear.

This way I can still press the "answer" button on the mic while riding, even with winter gloves on, since it is in the chinguard part of the helmet rather than behind a bunch of paddling up by my ear. It also provides tunes the rest of the time. Whoops did I say that out loud?

Bluetooth headsets were a no-go for me, as they all had a press-to-answer button next to the ear, which isn't gonna happen with a winter helmet on.

1. As mentioned
2. Sony Ericsson (pretty old)
3. MTB with semi-slick tires
4. City/road/paved trails
5. ~22kph average speed.
6. They can hear me
7. I can hear them if there is no one reving their engine next to me. (I won't editorialize on how often this happens)