View Single Post
Old 12-02-09, 08:38 PM
WebsterBikeMan

Bikes: Nishiki Continental, Bilenky custom travel tinker, home built winter bike based on Nashbar cross frrame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icycle
My wife and I have a Trek T-1000 tandem, and we are considering taking it on a week long bike tour this summer. I would like to mount a front low-rider rack, but finding one that is compatible is proving to be quite challenging.

The front fork has eyelets near the axle, but there are no mid-fork braze-ons, which seems to eliminate most front low-rider racks. There are also no V-brake bosses, which eliminates the Old Man Mountain mounting system. Finally, the front fork is more than an inch in diameter, which eliminates the Tubus mid-fork adapter clamps.

Are there any front low-rider racks which can mount on this bike, securely and without damaging the fork or the rack?
Go to the Arkel Overdesigns web site. Click on the rack icon. Now scroll to the descriptions of front racks. It looks like there is at least one, if not several that could work.
To be safe, I'd contact Arkel directly - they're just reselling, but there's a real person who will respond.
Another possible site would be bikebagshop.com. They would know if something they sell will work.