adacas
noooooooooooooooooooob!

Bikes: Schwinn Fastback Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by akohekohe
So, my doctor retired and I got a new one but I'm not sure I'm going to keep her. When she found out I bicycle a lot she warned me not to wear lycra shorts because they would overheat my testicles putting me at risk for testicular cancer. She mentioned Lance Armstrong. So, is she completely off the wall on this or is there any evidence at all to suggest that lycra bicycling shorts increase the risk for testicular cancer. Obviously Lance Armstrong by himself is not evidence.
I've read that somewhere as well. The problem with cancer is that there is no single cause for it. It could be the reduction of bloodflow from the saddle, poor diet, environment, keeping them couped up for too long on rides, tighty whiteys that are too tight, taking too many shots to the junk, attaching electrodes for pleasure, etc. So pretty much the entire cyclist lifestyle causes cancer. On the other hand the health benefits somewhat offset this. No matter what its a crapshoot and I'd take my chances with the lycra. What are the alternatives? Cotton? Wool? Leather?