Old 12-05-09, 09:13 AM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
NHS will help you, but it's like any medical system: they want to help people, which means not wasting time on those who show up and demand treatment, but who aren't sick.

I forgot to mention that it's possible that it's something as simple as vitamin B12 deficiency. You did quit eating meat and as far as I can tell, didn't replace it with another good B12 source. Though B12 deficiency usually takes a long time to present, some people seem more sensitive than others. My diet is about like yours, though I take a good multiple and during high training stress, I sometimes add a B complex with 50mcg of B12. Recommended.

Don't worry about ODing on Vit. C. A gram a day is not that much. Some people take 3g/day with no ill effects. It is possible to OD on calcium, but it takes a while for it to build up. The magnesium and vitamin D are actually more important.

When I was young and training for Nordic skiing, for breakfast I'd have 2 pieces of toast and jam, 3 eggs, 12 ounces of OJ, and two 12 oz. glasses of whole milk. That's the scale I'm talking about. Whey protein and pills can give a lot of that nutrition without the calories, if that's what's necessary. But eating food is good.

I hope things go well at the hospital.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 12-05-09 at 09:22 AM.