Old 12-06-09, 04:11 PM
CrimsonKarter21
Mitcholo

Bikes: 2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As one who builds and sells Easterns, I have to say that it is an aesthetic company. The whole idea of cutting holes into their seat tubes is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen;
1. Because of it, there is not nearly enough claming torque on the seat post.
2. Once water gets in there, the frame is toast. BMXers on the whole do not know how to maintain a bike, and do not grasp the concept. Therefore, the bottom bracket gets rusty, and over the course of a year or two, the frame rusts out from the inside.

In addition, their aluminum chainrings are bent within a day or two, either they take a small hit and get their wobble on, or the ring gets torqued crooked. That happened when I took an Ace of Spades for a spin, I torqued the thing crooked. That shouldn't happen to anything.

On top of that, the people who run Eastern are complete *****s. They have internet outlets and LBS outlets. The prices that placed like Dan's Comp are selling these things for are like $10 above our cost. Ther is no way to keep up. Either Easten gets rid of us, or they get rid of their online outlet. They can't have both.