View Single Post
Old 12-12-09, 09:27 PM
canam73

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fatslowbiker
im pretty used to it...this wouldn't affect me.

obviously, this isn't a lifestyle change. it is a change to lose weight and then go back to eating normally. problem occurred about a year ago when i got injured, couldn't work out for about 4 months, and gained about 30 pounds. can't get rid of them now, even while biking 60 miles/day
While I agree with whoever mentioned eating a larger variety of foods being a healthier diet, I say go for it. I'm assuming you have tried other things and they didn't work. Everyone has a unique metabolism and mental reactions so perhaps this is what you need.

I made a push this summer to loose some weight and managed to drop about 20#. My plan was based around a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, fresh raw fruits and vegetables for the rest of the day and then a dinner such as a fish or chicken fillet with cooked vegetables and a whole grain side of some sort. Averaged around 2200 calories. During this time I was generally burning about 3200 calories a day which works out to a 2 pound a week drop and that is generally what I saw. Since then I have added back a lunch of soup and a yogurt and maybe a small desert to bring me back to around 3000 calories a day and I have been maintaining 165 which is where I want to be. I'm 37, not quite 5'11 and for the most part an amateur soccer and hockey player who uses cycling for conditioning.

Anyway, my point is that I planned out and counted every calorie I ate and used carrot and celery sticks as a go to when I absolutely needed to eat something. Having a plan and being disciplined works, and if Kashi is what you can stick to, I say do it. No matter what others may think, you will still be eating healthier than most other people.

Good luck.