operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by chico1st
Wow thats really cool, I turned the wheel while holding the shift cable and it worked... well I could only get 2 different gears but I hadn't tried to adjust the cable tension yet since I hadnt read what to do yet.
Actually funny story, I realized I thought you would just pull the chain and the gear would stay changed because the only other device I know with a chain pully is the lightbulb in my closet and you dont have to hold that chain to keep it on I associated them together a little too much

One thing I have noticed is that in reference to this manual.
http://vancruisers.ca/tech/manuals/s...ls/aw.pdf/view

I dont have piece #41 the serrated lockwasher slot (Picture from pdf below)

I have something which seems like its opposite... the peice that I have there has to slot arms running along the axle... i dont really know what they are for :S
I tried to take a picture but you cant really see it

Is this a problem?... does anyone know what im talking about?
I cant figure out what the slot part is supposed to do

And this is the other side if you are curious:

I have two ~1963 3-speed wheels this is the rusty one i decided i would work on first in case i screw something up.
I would advise you not to attempt to true that wheel unless it's significantly out. Wheels like that tend to like to break spokes on truing given it's crappy condition from the pictures. You don't really learn anything by attempting to true a wheel which probably has seized/extremely hard to turn nipples.