View Single Post
Old 12-15-09, 06:19 PM
Brian

Bikes: 8 bikes - one for each day of the week!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Graphics solution

It seems like one of the most-asked questions about certain bikes (Windsor The Hour, from Bikesdirect.com) is if the graphics can easily be removed. Personally, they don't really bother me. But when I was searching eBay for a Thomson post for my other bike, (a Wabi Classic) I found this seller. The reflective tape gave me an idea, since I really like the look of the two-tone paint on some bikes, where they have a solid white portion on some of the tubes. So I ordered some of the tape, and wrapped the down tube in it. It's a silvery color, but you could probably experiment with different colors if you wanted to. This just happens to match the color of the lettering on my bike pretty closely.

I cut a 4x10" piece, and after a few screw-ups, covered the logo. Looks whitish silver in daylight, but is really reflective when headlights hit it. Not sure if I want to put any more on there, but it will certainly make me more visible when riding at dawn or dusk.

What do you guys think? Good idea, or fugly as that dude in a skirt that adriano has the hots for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Taped.jpg (49.7 KB, 61 views)