Old 12-17-09, 07:08 AM
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lamp-Shade
You mean to tell me its like some new world order is trying to control the population through hormone altering, dna destroying plastics?
I'm an ex cigarette smoker, quit before I turned eighteen. I know what it feels like to have damaged lungs, thats part of the reason I quit. I do not feel the sort of damage to my body smoking a pipe once a day as I do smoking cigarettes, thats for sure, but the fact that nicotine limits athletic potential does not bother me that much considering some of the best racers I've seen smoke pot like its mana.
I dunno, I'll quit when it becomes a problem, I suppose. I read posts like yours and hear stories from people like you, and it doesn't do much to make me consider smoking a pipe is as serious a risk as drinking, smoking pot, cigarettes and cigars, etc. etc.
I would think living a life of constant stress, knowing that it does in fact disable whole segments of dna, would raise the chances of growing a cancer than would smoking a pipe in moderation while reducing stress (and otherwise eating a healthy diet, exercising, and having someone to love).
I avoid nicotine now....as an ex smoker, I really don't want to be tempted to take it up again.
But for you guys who do smoke a pipe or chew....you might want to read up on the pharmokenetics of nicotine. Its pretty nasty stuff. In fact, it makes a hell of an organic insecticide for your garden. Its not any better for you then it is for those bugs.