Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-18-09, 05:24 PM
kjg48359
Fuji Hero

Bikes: Raliegh MT, Specialized i-Drive, Fuji Professional (circa 1982)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice

Ok, after looking at some of the other posts, I'll have to get back later with pictures, I'm just starting my 'search.'

I have an old Fuji "Professional" which in the 1980's was the top-of-the-line double butted (beautifully lugged) bike with tubulars, and equipped with all Suntour Surperb components (which at the time, were considered a better group than Shimano's Dura-Ace group). Wow, how things have changed.

It's a two tone paint job, complete with purple swede handle bar covering (it's sewn on, not a tape) and matching seat. It's been in storage for almost it's whole life, so it's in pretty good shape. At this point, it's almost 30 years old!

So for something like this what would be the best thing to do? (I was thinking about modernizing some of the componentry so I could do some road riding again - but a local bike store thought that it might be best to leave it all original).

How would I get an idea of what it might be worth? Where would I maximize it's value, sell it on e-bay? A forum like this? Are there any trade or swap shows?

Thanks in advance.