View Single Post
Old 03-29-05, 10:23 PM
Dchiefransom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnroads
Biking in rural areas seems so idyllic, compared to urban, but there are some really bad attitudes and angry people out there, too. One day I was headed west on Hwy 84 from Woodside to the coast, on my motorcycle. Lots of bicyclists out. The last few miles I was behind a guy in Tahoe and noticed he was coming unnecessarily close to the bicyclists on the shoulder, causing several to weave from the bow wave coming off his truck. When we got to Hwy 1, I pulled up next to him and a initiated a conversation, thinking he might be unaware. He was immediately defensive and aggressive about it and stated that maybe bikers "shouldn't be out on these narrow roads". Then drove off, presumably to continue his scare tactics. Unfortunately I did not have my cell phone with me at the time but as soon as I could get to a phone I called CHP and reported him and his behavior/comments. They went looking for him and also said his lic plate would go into their database in case anything happens.
I was told by someone in my club that there's a guy in a large black SUV in that area that is constantly doing that to cyclists. Supposedly the police have said they can't do anything aobut it unless they personally witness it. There's supposed to be a website somewhere that has complaints on it about this guy.