View Single Post
Old 08-07-02, 11:23 AM
bikeman
Lovin' my Fixie

Bikes: Litespeed Classic, C-Dale MT1000, 80's Trek 770, 2005 Raleigh Rush Hour Pro, Fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by RainmanP
Also, other than occasional diversions and longer rides, I take pretty much the same route to work and home every day at pretty much the same time. I see a lot of the same cars and trucks.
I know what you mean about seeing the same people on the commute everyday. I try always to be courteous to those folks, figuring I'll be seeing them again soon. This particular route is not as common a one for me, but with a tailwind and a few extra minutes I took it. I figure since he's a delivery guy to a beer/wine business he won't be doing that every day.

Nothing will change a guy like that. True his life is probably miserable and anyone with that many tattoos obviously has something to prove. I just thought this time the guy needed a little education. Obviously he didn't think so and told me right off. In retrospect and replaying the scene in my head a few dozen times, he KNEW that he did wrong by me or he wouldn't have jumped down my throat so quickly. His was a defensive reaction figuring he'd scare me off. Too bad I didn't play the age card on him and tell him to respect his elders (I'm sure my eldest son if his age) but I doubt that would have meant much to a disfunctional person such as him.

I plan on paying a visit to the nearby police station and informing them that they should be on the lookout for speeding on the boulevard by delivery trucks. I doubt I'll ever have to deal with the guy again.