View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 06:28 PM
oldfool
Infidel

Bikes: 1976 step thru Schwin 10 speed with fenders, home made20" long bike, '73 Puegeot P-15, several beaters, kids bikes and projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jubal
nice build oldfool. the ladies frame allows a nice easy step through.
I especially like the handlebars

whats your plan for the rack?
Ladies frames are the only thing I build or ride now. We called them girls bikes when I was a kid and since there were no small bikes in them days all small kids learned to ride on one. I find that now most of the time I need the step through. I never cared for the nut-buster bar anyway.

Originally I was going to build a rack from ¾ x ⅛ 316 stainless bar stock but finding the materials here has become a problem. Now the plan is something like Sixty Fiver has done. Updates to follow.

The handle bars came from my 1975 Schwinn Suburban. A girls bike but the best bike I have ever ridden. I fits me. When I dutchified it the stock bars did not come back far enough so I replaced them with something that did. They really work well here.

I'm still getting used to riding this one and it has already dumped me once but the blood doesn't show on the red paint. I made the first store run on it yesterday with a makeshift basket, my black knickers and new red knee socks. Traffic gave me a wide berth. I guess I was just too weird looking to squash.