Old 12-23-09, 04:46 AM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by garethzbarker
If it were neurological it most likely would persist. circulatory is much more likely. Generally, neurological problems are not a primary diagnosis because you have to rule out behavioral, environmental or other physical causes first. imagine going to a doctor and saying, "Last night I sat on my leg during a football game and it became numb, then I felt pins and needles. Then it went away." What do you think he would say? Neurological problems are real and big concerns (my mother suffers from FMS) but you should rule out circulation first. The dude just probably needs to adjust his shoes or wear thinner socks.
Yes I would most likely state from the information that it is a nerological condition, but A temporary easily treatable neurological problem.
For instance it may be likely that a nerve which is not sliding through its sheath properly. This can be addressed by positioning or by stretching done by a physio.
The suggestions you made,sitting on your leg and changing socks etc, will also affect the nerve. Yes one should not rule out circulatory issues, but these types of complaint are typically nerologicall in nature, like carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel for instance can be treated conservatory by gradually stretching of the medial nerve.

Last edited by bhkyte; 12-23-09 at 11:16 AM.