Old 12-25-09, 06:59 PM
Citoyen du Monde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by joe englert
just thought of this on xmas(today) as some guy was trying to sell me "the holy grail" bike, which in his opinion was a 1969 poliaghi. im sure everyone has a bike they want to get someday, but what would most serious collectors consider a holy grail bike. now to me, there is only one choice, a mario confente. many different reasons of course. just wondering what you forums readers consider as your choice. i dont think one would consider a "one of a kind bike" such as the biachi that fausto coppi won his last tour on, but a bike that was made in very limited production and is, in fact, obtainable to some collectors. anyway, anxious to read your opinions and have a great holiday.
I have had a few Confente bikes pass through my hands and I can think of many bikes that I would rate above all of them. Like most people here, my targets are moving targets. I am presently awaiting the arrival of a bike that I have been trying to get for years. There is another bike that I have been after for over a decade, I keep hoping the present owner will awake one day and give me a call saying it is for sale...